Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missed 16 games in over 3 years prior to this current injury. It’s like he’s only got one leg.

dont remember saying anything of the sort champ, just that hes a loanee with a bad injury record. didnt call him long john silver or anything did i?

the fact is he could even come in and do well and we wont be able to buy him

So in 3 years he has missed more than one game twice (5 games each time ) and in one of those periods Barca had 5 games in 17 days
The 91 days was at the bottom of the list was in the off season
His injury record stands up to any modern day midfielder
I don’t know what you mean by everpresent
He may not have been playing but that was down to his form and the manager , it certainly wasn’t because of his injury record

I've been over ths a million times in my head mate. Its a done deal. Lozano coming in Jan. Lookman to RBL.
I hope you are right and he plays on the right for us
There will be no pressure on him to adapt quickly as he can be eased in slowly as Walcott is there
However if money is available in January ( and after last summer nothing would shock me ) then I think we have more glaring issues.
A CF is a priority, if not to replace Ricarlison and allow him to go back to LW then to provide a viable option of the bench
Tosun and Naisse are not good enough and DCL is still too young to judge
I would hope DCL gets a loan to a top half Championship team because he need to improve his finishing
A DM of real quality is also needed
However regarding Lozano I’ve read articles where he commented on reports that Barca were interested and he seemed keen on going there

I hope you are right and he plays on the right for us
There will be no pressure on him to adapt quickly as he can be eased in slowly as Walcott is there
However if money is available in January ( and after last summer nothing would shock me ) then I think we have more glaring issues.
A CF is a priority, if not to replace Ricarlison and allow him to go back to LW then to provide a viable option of the bench
Tosun and Naisse are not good enough and DCL is still too young to judge
I would hope DCL gets a loan to a top half Championship team because he need to improve his finishing
A DM of real quality is also needed
However regarding Lozano I’ve read articles where he commented on reports that Barca were interested and he seemed keen on going there

Yes I thought Lozano was being lined up for Barcelona.

If there is a chance to sign him then we should get him in. Mobility is more important in the front 3 than an out and out goalscorer in the modern game.

Players who are difficult to mark free up more space for the entire side. Sigurdsson has thrived with movement happening all around him as an example.

I am very satisfied with the Summer transfer business and trust Brands to strengthen us again.

If the one positive to take from the last window is the way Bernard, Richarlison and Digne have slotted so effortlessly into the side and shown their quality. Hopefully Mina and Gomes can follow suit. It gives me confidence that Brands is the right man to take us forward. He’ll have assessed first hand what we need to take us tho the next level and if it means sacrificing Lookman to net the top goal scorer we all crave then that’s what he’ll do.

Getting that goal scorer is the most difficult thing. Its not often we have a bargaining chip with a club that actually has one that they could sell. I would give them lookman for 11m plus the rest of the cash they want for Werner . If they value him at 50m I would give them 39 plus lookman, they would be getting a very good fee for him and a player they will most likely sell for 30m I’m a couple of years. We would be losing a player for cheap , but he only cost us 11m and I’m willing to accept that if it secures is a goal scorer. It would have us looking very strong going forward and if Gomes doesn’t settle in , means we require only a CB ( I Zouma leaves) and a couple of CM to have a very strong first 11 and reasonable attacking options on the bench.

Yes I thought Lozano was being lined up for Barcelona.

If there is a chance to sign him then we should get him in. Mobility is more important in the front 3 than an out and out goalscorer in the modern game.

Players who are difficult to mark free up more space for the entire side. Sigurdsson has thrived with movement happening all around him as an example.

I am very satisfied with the Summer transfer business and trust Brands to strengthen us again.

If Lozano plays on the right he’s not getting a game for them over the next 2-3 seasons. If he’s on the left then countinho is his competition , they signed Malcom and I do t know how he’s getting on and then obviously they have hanibal lector playing up there too. They have dembele too I just remembered , dembele and countinho cost a lot of money and would be hard to displace .

I couldn't disagree more. Not that Bernard necessarily played well but David Luiz, Marcelo and as I said Fernandinho were responsible for the meltdown more than anyone else. But for Fernandinho it wasn't a one off as he also was largely responsible for both of Belgium's goals this time around.

But getting back to the very first point in this whole conversation even if you want to rule out Gana being better than Fernandinho I can still see him getting games for 3 of the Top 6 so why are we trying to replace him again?

I mean literally he was their scapegoat and was dropped after that game and hasn’t made an appearance since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back