Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't even think we will be looking to sign a traditional striker type, Silva's system for starters doesn't seem to need or rely on one, a Richarlison type who can play multiple positions along the forward line is much more likely imo

Lozano is a forward who moves all around the pitch. A nightmare to pick up as a defender. Richarlison can switch and I expect Lookman is being encouraged to also.

I don't see us actively looking to add a central striker. DCL will be that option when required.

Good call.
Sweet goal.
I think this fella is the answer.
A bit like Rico but with more strength and power to play CF.
The interchange play btwn him and Rico could be ridiculous.
And another Brazilian!
Bring out the war chest.

Bar a YouTube search last week, last night's game was the first I've seen of him.

Obviously hard to judge against that dreadful Monaco defence, but yes, very impressive. He does seem to have everything in terms of what a PL striker needs - pace, power, and that finishing ability to boot.

He also seems the perfect fit for the type of striker required to play in Silva's system.

I brought him up the other day, but another player that I see as also fitting that system would be Haller at Frankfurt. What I would say is Wesley is probably quicker, but Haller has really come on in the last few years and again has everything to be a success in the Premier League.

Think the point is with this striker - if indeed we do go for one - is that they don't have to be a massive name or the next big thing lauded around Europe (which is what I see someone like Werner being, as good as he is, because he is very suited to one particular system). Wesley and Haller (who I have seen more of than Wesley, so I can be a bit more confident on him) seem to be adaptable players capable of playing in a variety of ways, scoring a variety of goals and providing a range of different options.

They would also act as a good folly for Richarlison if the way forward is indeed to go with him as a striker. Where that leaves Tosun/DCL is up for debate, because in my view, for now, there's definitely still space for both of those players in our squad.

The other question is then of course whether a move comes in January or the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back