Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently City have made a number of enquiries about him and with Peps love of splurging his wad on defenders could very well put price us on any move we made for him[/QUOTE

Havnt seen anything of City this year, the not have walker? Or is he not playing well ?

I can see the logic in signing Wellbeck on a free if we end up selling one or both of Niasse and Tosun.

So say he is just as crap as Niasse (despite spending his entire career at United and Arsenal), we will get about 12 million for Niasse and about 20 million for Tosun. So 32 million pound in the bank and we'd have replaced our back up strikers with another back up striker, but for free.

Giroud and Sturridge are also available on free transfers next summer.

It's all well and good demanding a top class striker, but they are in short supply, and will probably cost more than what Moshiri paid to buy the whole of Everton.

Last edited:

Apparently City have made a number of enquiries about him and with Peps love of splurging his wad on defenders could very well put price us on any move we made for him

No way in hell clubs like Man City will pay £40-50 million on a kid after about 10 games.

People will never learn these clubs dont sign potential they wait for middle of the road clubs sign these players and see how they progress.

See:

Stones
Van Dijk

etc etc

Jelle Vossen tore the Belgian league up at the same age and looked like a world beater. He struggled in the Championship.

Not convinced because a player is scoring a few goals in a nothing league and against a Monaco side that hasn't won in 15 games.
You'd be right to be sceptical.
And could certainly be accused of getting carried away.

Whathat stands out the most fpr me is his ability to handle CBs with strength and speed, esp on the counter. Pretty much brushes them off. For a guy so young it's impressive.
Y, the CBs are lightweights compared to PL, but then again there are that many like him around to come up against, esp if you add in his balance and touch, so he might surprise.
And seems to fit the Silva mould

The problem with the current crop of CFs is whether you scroll up the list and throw 35 plus at a relatively small bunch of relatively average players or take a punt on one or two young lads or take a hapless guess at the next Vardy or Salah.

A more sober assessment would be he's worth a punt.

Papers quoting him as saying Man U or Barcelona his preferred destinations if he left

Any links?

Edit - I’ve just found it. Appears he was asked about his favourite boyhood clubs and he said Utd and Barca. Not quite the same as saying that’s where he wants to go now.

"I liked Manchester United a lot," he said when asked about his boyhood clubs. "In Spain my favourite team is Barcelona."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back