Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our semi-annual connection to Yacine Brahimi comes earlier than expected this year! As you all know, this means if he sees his shadow in the morning then we have to wait six more weeks to start the January transfer thread.

P.S. Don't bother with the linked article, it's pure click bait. There are no quotes of any kind, and the only connection to Everton is that we were rumored to be interested in him in the past.

Our semi-annual connection to Yacine Brahimi comes earlier than expected this year! As you all know, this means if he sees his shadow in the morning then we have to wait six more weeks to start the January transfer thread.

P.S. Don't bother with the linked article, it's pure click bait. There are no quotes of any kind, and the only connection to Everton is that we were rumored to be interested in him in the past.

I definitely wouldn’t have been saying this 12-18 months ago but due to the way we’ve improved I’m confident that he’s not good enough for us now.

The level of player we need to attract now to improve the starting 11 has increased massively, thankfully we now have people at the club who seem to be able to convince that level of player to sign up.

Priority for me would be to get another attacking player in who fits the profile and system, lozano is a absolute perfect fit for that, get Gomes signed up asap and try to tie up a deal for Zouma. If that was the only business we did incoming wise between now and the start of next season then it'd still represent a good recruitment period.

Guaranteed we wont be buying anyone likely to unrest a dressing room. The players we will be after now will have to tow the line as well as being technical.
I trust this Brands..Siiva axis to be looking for the right type from here on in.
Just look who we have shifted on, All of them were either pissy pants or the unwilling / unable.
Looking at our biggest priorities..RB and Striker positions have to be the most concerning right now.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.es...er-league-move-would-be-fabulous?platform=amp

Read the full article he says one of the " big clubs", early betting is Chelsea or united.

We had the same thing happen when we saw arshavin play against us and look where he ended up.

No way lozano will forego cl football for potentially not even Europa League football.

Everton are one of the "big clubs".

We are a completely different animal with Brands / Silva and the USM backing.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.espn.co.uk/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3692630/psv-eindhovens-hirving-lozano-premier-league-move-would-be-fabulous?platform=amp

Read the full article he says one of the " big clubs", early betting is Chelsea or united.

We had the same thing happen when we saw arshavin play against us and look where he ended up.

No way lozano will forego cl football for potentially not even Europa League football.

If your gonna say to read the full article mate, then maybe try to not then selectively quote a part whilst omitting the part that doesnt suit your agenda.

" I think the Premier League is great. I think that it would be fabulous to play with any of the clubs, but I would love to play for one of the big clubs. I hope that God gives me the chance."

a further point in reference to mentioning big clubs, is what constitutes one?

for example the PSV director the other day said he was proud brands went here, to show his ability at the very highest level.

Maybe people outside of the sky sports studio or ones who takes all they say as gospel have a different and broader view on what constitutes a big club.

The level of player we need to attract now to improve the starting 11 has increased massively, thankfully we now have people at the club who seem to be able to convince that level of player to sign up.

Priority for me would be to get another attacking player in who fits the profile and system, lozano is a absolute perfect fit for that, get Gomes signed up asap and try to tie up a deal for Zouma. If that was the only business we did incoming wise between now and the start of next season then it'd still represent a good recruitment period.

I think signing Zouma full time will be the biggest challenge. Chelsea will want a fortune and I would imagine Brands has scouted similar players with more value (linked with a Porto defender previously).

Ideally we sign him if it suits all parties. Same with Gomes.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.espn.co.uk/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3692630/psv-eindhovens-hirving-lozano-premier-league-move-would-be-fabulous?platform=amp

@bluestevon this is what I was on about yesterday mate

I'd see Brands having two big challenges in getting Lozano here

1) convincing Lozano he should ignore any top six advances (and he's probably good enough to be starting for Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and United atm)

2) convincing that, of the second-tier clubs, we're the one he should join (here's where the PL factor could be a big swing - i.e. us over Inter, or Dortmund etc)

People really need to stop using the words 'big clubs' and start using 'rich clubs'.

Well ultimately the top 6 in the Prem are all 'big clubs' as well.

City were always a big club. In fact they were very much akin to us. The 'local' team of Manchester much how Everton are in Liverpool. People like to buy into this narrative that City were a nothing club. They weren't at all.

Same goes for Spurs, who have obviously gone about it differently, but they've always been of an equal level as Everton. Chelsea, too, were a big club even before the money came in - maybe not as historically successful as Everton, but they were big.

It's hard to argue that the 'top 6' clubs aren't also the 'biggest 6' in England, and then I think you throw in us and Villa in completing the top 8.

So says a true Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back