Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bluestevon this is what I was on about yesterday mate

I'd see Brands having two big challenges in getting Lozano here

1) convincing Lozano he should ignore any top six advances (and he's probably good enough to be starting for Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and United atm)

2) convincing that, of the second-tier clubs, we're the one he should join (here's where the PL factor could be a big swing - i.e. us over Inter, or Dortmund etc)

Won't disagree mate, the brands factor ofc will be huge, we would be the only club offering him promises he'd be convinced would be kept, knowing you'd fit into the system and be an important part must be a huge factor going forward. As would coming to a club at 23 you know would likely not be his last move - Important if your dreaming of that Barca move long term.

Think from things I've read his agent has burnt his bridges with s couple of those clubs also, namely man united, spurs I don't see striking any deal with Riaola either. And dunno if any of those teams would make him feel as wanted as we would in terms of going after convincing him ..

As for the second tier teams, I actually am.not thinking we'd have much problem at all edging any of those out, personnel connection, league profile, wages I'd feel would swing it easily into our favour.

Won't disagree mate, the brands factor ofc will be huge, we would be the only club offering him promises he'd be convinced would be kept, knowing you'd fit into the system and be an important part must be a huge factor going forward. As would coming to a club at 23 you know would likely not be his last move - Important if your dreaming of that Barca move long term.

Think from things I've read his agent has burnt his bridges with s couple of those clubs also, namely man united, spurs I don't see striking any deal with Riaola either. And dunno if any of those teams would make him feel as wanted as we would in terms of going after convincing him ..

As for the second tier teams, I actually am.not thinking we'd have much problem at all edging any of those out, personnel connection, league profile, wages I'd feel would swing it easily into our favour.

I'd take the Mina signing as a big positive in that regard as well - and that was without the personal connection.

I do feel the main task will be shirking off the 'elite' clubs (or even those ones kind of half-way in between, like Atleti/Napoli etc) as being the main one.

I'm not worries about fee or wages, but it's more the stature of club.

We'll see!

I'd take the Mina signing as a big positive in that regard as well - and that was without the personal connection.

I do feel the main task will be shirking off the 'elite' clubs (or even those ones kind of half-way in between, like Atleti/Napoli etc) as being the main one.

I'm not worries about fee or wages, but it's more the stature of club.

We'll see!

Thing about those types of clubs are as soon now as a premiership club joins the race with them, will they be willing to start paying those 30-40m fees from leagues like Holland etc where they are traditionally used to being able to buy the top players for 10+m

Genuine question because I don't have any idea, but do we have any evidence that Lozano and Brands have a particularly good relationship? I keep seeing the Brands connection being used to support the idea that he'd choose to come to us, but that would only really be the case if the two of them are actually really close I would have thought. Mahrez and Kante didn't come here to work with Steve Walsh, so I wouldn't be too sure that Lozano will make his next move based on who our DoF is, unless they have a very deep friendship.

Genuine question because I don't have any idea, but do we have any evidence that Lozano and Brands have a particularly good relationship? I keep seeing the Brands connection being used to support the idea that he'd choose to come to us, but that would only really be the case if the two of them are actually really close I would have thought. Mahrez and Kante didn't come here to work with Steve Walsh, so I wouldn't be too sure that Lozano will make his next move based on who our DoF is, unless they have a very deep friendship.
I think it’s the fact that Lozano trusts Brands and knows that if Brands make certain promises to Lozano they will be kept if at all possible
This more than any perceived friendship is the key
He trusts and respects Brands

I think it’s the fact that Lozano trusts Brands and knows that if Brands make certain promises to Lozano they will be kept if at all possible
This more than any perceived friendship is the key
He trusts and respects Brands
But what sort of promises would he be making? That he can move again in 2 years like PSV told him? Silva's just said he doesn't want us to be doing that. That he'd play? Surely anyone paying £40m for him would be telling him the same thing? Do we know that Lozano particularly trusts and respects Brands, or is it possible that he just assumes all managers and directors are like that because that's his only experience of moving clubs?

Don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying we can't get him or that Brands couldn't help, but I think we're in danger of falling into the trap of a personality cult again, where we convince ourselves that our DoF is somehow totally different to everybody elses and can work miracles. It's like when the lure of working with Koeman was going to massive, only for it to seemingly have virtually no effect whatsoever.

Apparently City have made a number of enquiries about him and with Peps love of splurging his wad on defenders could very well put price us on any move we made for him
Papers quoting him as saying Man U or Barcelona his preferred destinations if he left

Any chance you can link some of these mate? Because I haven't seen any of these links I must be missing out. I've seen Chelsea linked with Lozano but that was a while ago.

City are overloaded with FBs
Didn’t they spend 40/50 m on a reserve FB summer before last and the have that young lad Zinchenko as well
To be fair they tried to offload him in the Summer (to Wolves?) for about 15 mil or so but Zinchenko just flat out rejected moving.
But will Wan Bissaka go somewhere he won’t get games ???
He'd get a lot of game time considering the amount of games City play every season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back