Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question because I don't have any idea, but do we have any evidence that Lozano and Brands have a particularly good relationship? I keep seeing the Brands connection being used to support the idea that he'd choose to come to us, but that would only really be the case if the two of them are actually really close I would have thought. Mahrez and Kante didn't come here to work with Steve Walsh, so I wouldn't be too sure that Lozano will make his next move based on who our DoF is, unless they have a very deep friendship.

Not saying they are Bessie's mate, more that brands has his respect from comments lozano made earlier this year, the head at PSV also the other day illustrates the personnel connection/effort brands makes with players citing going to meet lozano and his family on several occasions when trying to persuade him to sign,

But what sort of promises would he be making? That he can move again in 2 years like PSV told him? Silva's just said he doesn't want us to be doing that. That he'd play? Surely anyone paying £40m for him would be telling him the same thing? Do we know that Lozano particularly trusts and respects Brands, or is it possible that he just assumes all managers and directors are like that because that's his only experience of moving clubs?

Don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying we can't get him or that Brands couldn't help, but I think we're in danger of falling into the trap of a personality cult again, where we convince ourselves that our DoF is somehow totally different to everybody elses and can work miracles. It's like when the lure of working with Koeman was going to massive, only for it to seemingly have virtually no effect whatsoever.
A fair point and nothing wrong with playing devils advocate, keeps our feet on the ground.

Zatmonster that's about £300m there wtf

Wan Bissaka £30mil
Lozano £40mil
Gomes £20mil
Zouma £30mil

= £120mil

- Walcott £20mil
- Tosun £15mil
- Niasse £15mil
- Schneiderin £10mil

=60mil outlay (sell a few of the loan players too).

Add Ruben Neves + a Centre Forward ;)

Wan Bissaka £30mil
Lozano £40mil
Gomes £20mil
Zouma £30mil

= £120mil

- Walcott £20mil
- Tosun £15mil
- Niasse £15mil
- Schneiderin £10mil

=60mil outlay (sell a few of the loan players too).

Add Ruben Neves + a Centre Forward ;)
Ruben Neves would cost about £40m currently Zatty, plus we need a £70m + striker

Ruben Neves would cost about £40m currently Zatty, plus we need a £70m + striker

£40mil at least...hes class. Would be the same impact as Richarlison for us but deep.

£70mil striker? Id play Richarlison up front and see if Marcel can bring in Augustin (leipzig) or perhaps this Wesley (brugge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back