Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez, big head and that asshole Walsh have set us back a few seasons, but the club must start thinning the squad numbers in this window;
Jagielka and Baines must be replaced. Williams, Keane, Schneiderlin, Bolasie - dirt. A new back four and midfield is the priority imo. The forward line can be tweaked but it’s defence and midfield that are the key areas in terms of how we play.
I agree. But it isnt going to happen this window mate. I'd keep Baines as back up and Jags as 4th choice.

Players id like
Aaron Martin LB
William carvalho CDM
Nzonzi CM
Hirving lozano ALM

Bonus
Young kluivert as competion on the wing and up front.
A new LCB not sure who yet.

the usual suspects.

Starting 11
Pickford GK
Coleman RB
Holgate RCB
Keane LCB
Martin LB
Carvalho DCM
Nzonzi CM
Klaassen CM
Walcotte ARM
Lozano ALM
Tosun CF

Squad players
Kenny, baines, jags, mori, gana, davies, sigy, kluivert, lookman, DCL, Bani and dowell and a keeper.
I hope this is a troll job. Klaassen over gylfi? KEANE as LCB?? Also gueye is significantly better than carvahlo. Kluivert easily better than lozano, too.

Zaha woulod be an amazing signing worth the 60 mill. I think that ship has sailed though last summer was the time.

Lozano, looks good signing from the Dutch league are always very risky though.

We need to increase goals next year our goals for last season was pathetic for our aspirations. One of the two above would be welcome but we have abig stable of wide players as it is.

The other area we need to improve is central midfield, Loftus Cheek in my opinion i would go all out for. A deep lying playmaker is also essential. I wonder would there be any low hanging fruit at Arsenal or Chelsea, Ramsey or Fabergas perhaps? Our central midfiled options lack any type of variance or creativity. Sneiderman and Gana cant play with each other as two in my opinion.

Last edited:
I agree. But it isnt going to happen this window mate. I'd keep Baines as back up and Jags as 4th choice.
Not a chance will it happen fella, but changes needed in those areas. A leader at centre half to replace Jagielka and a new left back absolutely vital if we are to progress. I don’t think Baines would want to play 2nd fiddle.

Niasse going nowhere. Silva took him on loan at Hull and really likes him off the bench as a change-up, a role he filled well for us this year to be fair despite having zero football technique!

Zaha woulod be an amazing signing worth the 60 mill. I think that ship has sailed though last summer was the time.

Lozano, looks good signing from the Dutch league are always very risky though.

We need to increase goals next year our goals for last season was pathetic for our aspirations. One of the two above would be welcome but we have abig stable of wide players as it is.

The other area we need to improve is central midfield, Loftus Cheek in my opinion i would go all out for. A deep lying playmaker is also essential. I wonder would there be any low hanging fruit at Arsenal or Chelsea, Ramsey or Fabergas perhaps? Our central midfiled options lack any type of variance or creativity. Sneiderman and Gana cant play with each other as two in my opinion.
£60m would be way too much for Zaha in my opinion.

I like him, and he’s a good age but I don’t see him being worth more than £40m at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back