Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance will it happen fella, but changes needed in those areas. A leader at centre half to replace Jagielka and a new left back absolutely vital if we are to progress. I don’t think Baines would want to play 2nd fiddle.
I don't disagree but we still need squad players and we can't replace a whole back 4 in one go. Williams has to go full stop. But we also need to raise funds from our existing players to finance the purchases. Holgate HAS to stay. Nobody will play good money for Jags. Neither Funes Mori or Keane good enough and both would attract half decent fees, especially if FM makes the Argentine WC squad. We could of course keep both Keane and FM and sell Jags and Williams, but then we'd have less money to spend on a top new defender.

Again, we won't get a fee for Baines and if we sell him this summer we will have to rely on Connolly/Robinson as back up to a new LB, who will most likely be brought in from an outside league and need settling in. I'd sell it to Baines that he will be the new lads mentor and then slowly ease him into the team to replace him.

Kluivert>Lozano easily. If we can land kluivert it will be a massive signing.
I haven’t seen much of him but at 19 he could easily struggle to adjust and fail to get into our side. Klassen scored far more goals than him and was far more experienced and yet has barely got a game.

I haven’t seen much of him but at 19 he could easily struggle to adjust and fail to get into our side. Klassen scored far more goals than him and was far more experienced and yet has barely got a game.

Klaassen’s problem is that he doesn’t have the individual attributes to be a success on his own. Put him in a team with movement and skill around him and I’ve no doubt he’d be decent. We had zero movement last season - could’ve put Iniesta in our side and he’s have struggled.

Kluivert has bags of pace, skill and movement. He’ll be absolutely fantastic in 2-3 years - at which point we’ll never be able to get him. Like most of the really top young talents - we’re going to have to move early to get them in.

Have a look at him mate, you’ll be impress. You’re comparing completely different type of players.
Kluivert capable of carrying the team forward with pace and dribbling ability, capable of individual brilliance to change games.
Klaassen is just waiting for other people to make himself look good.

The impact they both has is incomparable. Klassen at 19 is not even half the player Kluivert is.

There’s a lot of things Kluivert can do that is beyond Klassen, and those things are exactly what we are desperately lack of.

His technique looked alright to me when controlling a ball in the air, turning and banging the ball into the back of the net against West Ham...
His first touch in that goal for Hull against Liverpool was sublime. Doesn't do it often enough mind, but weirdly I think it's that clumsiness and poor touch that makes him so difficult for defenders to read.

Need to get Lozano before the World Cup or Gus price and number of suitors will increase

F0aWgCD8_400x400.jpg

We could do with another striker, Niasse and Tosun will get a few but nowhere near enough to break top 6.
They would struggle to make the bench at a top 6 club.

I don’t think we will spend big money this summer and will be relying on Sila and Brands to buy cheaper foreign players in the hope they come good.

Reactions: JLW

I hope this is a troll job. Klaassen over gylfi? KEANE as LCB?? Also gueye is significantly better than carvahlo. Kluivert easily better than lozano, too.

No its not. I did say id like another lcb but we have to be able to fund all the players. Im willin gto wait on that a season.
Why is gueye significanlty better than carvalho is it because he chases after the ball and then gets caught out of position exposing our defence.
An yeah id give klasssen ago in a role similar to how lampard was used at chelse arriving late in the box.

As for sigy i never rated him. He was the worst signing of last summer by a mile. No pace, no vision but he can take a free kick. Id rather have naismith back than play sigy.

No its not. I did say id like another lcb but we have to be able to fund all the players. Im willin gto wait on that a season.
Why is gueye significanlty better than carvalho is it because he chases after the ball and then gets caught out of position exposing our defence.
An yeah id give klasssen ago in a role similar to how lampard was used at chelse arriving late in the box.

As for sigy i never rated him. He was the worst signing of last summer by a mile. No pace, no vision but he can take a free kick. Id rather have naismith back than play sigy.
Siggy the worst signing? Think you need to watch the games mate, after his slow start he made a massive difference in the team that showed when he went out injured.

Like Dowell but better.
Remarkable the similarity to Dowell. Think this lads a bit quicker maybe, but Dowell's left foot a bit sweeter. He's 2 years younger aswell.

Don't you just hate it the way the Germans give their really good young players an early chance in the first team. It so aids their development. Plus the clubs second string teams play open age football in the German regional leagues, which have promotion/relegation to Bundesliga 3. So the top club second teams are playing in the equivalent of our League 1.

Said this before. We should consider the same with our League 2, maybe consider splitting into separate North and South leagues, bringing in the top clubs from the National league, and the top U23 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back