Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkable the similarity to Dowell. Think this lads a bit quicker maybe, but Dowell's left foot a bit sweeter. He's 2 years younger aswell.

Don't you just hate it the way the Germans give their really good young players an early chance in the first team. It so aids their development. Plus the clubs second string teams play open age football in the German regional leagues, which have promotion/relegation to Bundesliga 3. So the top club second teams are playing in the equivalent of our League 1.

Said this before. We should consider the same with our League 2, maybe consider splitting into separate North and South leagues, bringing in the top clubs from the National league, and the top U23 teams.

Dowell would probably thrive in Germany / Holland.
He’s had a season dealing with the pace and strength of the championship. I’d give him a year in Germany continuing his development with a view to him being a regular the season after.

A lot depends on next weekend, they go up they won't sell him.
I disagree, I don't think he will be playing for Fulham next season regardless.

His reputation is increasing week by week, we just need to hope that none of the 6 above us want him or are not willing to pay the price Fulham want.

Lozano and ziyech would both be excellent additions.
Id try and get them boxed before the world cup with both of them going (although i very much doubt they would want to sort anything as a good WC performance could attract better suitors).
Havent got a clue re: centre back, i was all for mawson a few weeks ago but watching his last few games of the season he looked slow and clumsy, so maybe a big athletic centre back.

Alassane Plea has said he'd be open to leaving Nice.

He's a fantastic player, and we were interested before we signed Sandro. I had a few conversations with @bluestevon about it last year.

Would be a great addition if we're wanting a versatile forward, although would be nice to see what Sandro can do first.

Kluivert, Ziyech, Lozano, any of these would be welcome. Can see something special in Justin though, although probably need Ziyech's creative side more. Lookman needs an extended run too.

£60m would be way too much for Zaha in my opinion.

I like him, and he’s a good age but I don’t see him being worth more than £40m at the moment.

In isolation its to much for anyone but for Zaha a snip really in the modern context, you have to factor in his age and likely years of service and resale value, its a lot of money for 28-30 years old, for a 25 year old who is PL establsihed its relatively nothing given he could give about 5-8 years service.

Not that i think he will come, i think he will have CL suitors.

..the Mirror suggesting Burnley are about to sign Joe Bryan, the young Bristol LB we have been linked with (@roydo).

Done the rounds down here a few weeks ago that one. £6m iirc.

I have only seen him a few times, but lads who follow closer than me reckon he has the brains to step up. As does the managers Dad.

In this day and age, £6m for a youngish English left sided player seems a risk free deal to me.

Zaha woulod be an amazing signing worth the 60 mill. I think that ship has sailed though last summer was the time.

Lozano, looks good signing from the Dutch league are always very risky though.

We need to increase goals next year our goals for last season was pathetic for our aspirations. One of the two above would be welcome but we have abig stable of wide players as it is.

The other area we need to improve is central midfield, Loftus Cheek in my opinion i would go all out for. A deep lying playmaker is also essential. I wonder would there be any low hanging fruit at Arsenal or Chelsea, Ramsey or Fabergas perhaps? Our central midfiled options lack any type of variance or creativity. Sneiderman and Gana cant play with each other as two in my opinion.
Drinkwater maybe? He’s wasted at Chelsea.

Interesting summer, this one, shame we cant do a sliding door type thing and see who we would buy/sell different if we get fat boy and Pe teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back