Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinkwater maybe? He’s wasted at Chelsea.

Good shout, its not one that would get the pulse racing for me mate but i know were your coming from a player of that skill set.

To be fair the lad has proven he can win trophies though i suspect playing with Kante is a dream for a midfield partner.

Why not? He’s a very good player who’s suited to playing in a midfield duo and a big upgrade on Schneiderlin. Could be available on a cut price if he won’t fit into the new manager plans at Chelsea.

“Cut price” would mean about £23m in this case, so it’s a no from me Clive.

English or Vietnamese he's still gash.
He’s perfectly suited for Marco Silva style (counter attacking football) as he proved it at Leicester. He’s a good passer, got decent vision and can take ball from deep and drive with it forward. He’s all the things we lack in the midfield right now. Of course I would like to have someone with more magic in his boots like Fabregas or Modric but I think Drinkwater is a realistic target for us and a decent one.

Dowell would probably thrive in Germany / Holland.
He’s had a season dealing with the pace and strength of the championship. I’d give him a year in Germany continuing his development with a view to him being a regular the season after.
Wouldnt mind that tbh. We need to have a look at him first in pre season. Id rather we controlled his development rather than rely on a third party tbh. If we can give him enough game time here that would be my preference.

He’s perfectly suited for Marco Silva style (counter attacking football) as he proved it at Leicester. He’s a good passer, got decent vision and can take ball from deep and drive with it forward. He’s all the things we lack in the midfield right now. Of course I would like to have someone with more magic in his boots like Fabregas or Modric but I think Drinkwater is a realistic target for us and a decent one.

We didn't get brands in to buy average, costly English players I don't think. Hope not anyway

Consider he didn't have a preseason so no match fitness or sharpness and played most of the games out of position.
5 goals 3 assists and 5 big chances created.

So what is his best position then ?

He played out on the left, most of the time for Swansea, but was given more licence to roam, as they were so crap.

If he`s worth 45 mil, then imagine what Kevin Sheedy would be worth in today`s market.

So what is his best position then ?

He played out on the left, most of the time for Swansea, but was given more licence to roam, as they were so crap.

If he`s worth 45 mil, then imagine what Kevin Sheedy would be worth in today`s market.
With a functioning left-back though. Not Cuco Martina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back