Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkable the similarity to Dowell. Think this lads a bit quicker maybe, but Dowell's left foot a bit sweeter. He's 2 years younger aswell.

Don't you just hate it the way the Germans give their really good young players an early chance in the first team. It so aids their development. Plus the clubs second string teams play open age football in the German regional leagues, which have promotion/relegation to Bundesliga 3. So the top club second teams are playing in the equivalent of our League 1.

Said this before. We should consider the same with our League 2, maybe consider splitting into separate North and South leagues, bringing in the top clubs from the National league, and the top U23 teams.

Yeh I'm really excited by him just a shame he's not ours!

Would possibly work but as we've seen in the Checkatrade Trophy maybe League 2 is even a step up for the academies.

I'm gonna bang a Ruben Loftus Cheek sounding drum all summer.
If he has a good world cup, and given the lack of midfield options in the England squad I think he'll be a starter, then Chelsea will keep hold of him. We'd need to go in early to have any chance of getting him. Given the lack of playing time he had at Chelsea the two seasons they kept him as a squad player, they must have doubts over him. They have been known to sell players they didn't think were first team ready (Lukaku, De Bruyne, Matic, Salah to name a few) so it's worth a punt. Would cost north of £35m I would have thought though.

I wouldn't buy from the PL again not because the players are bad but the prices they are charging is atrocious, I would still buy Siggy but I'd never in a million years pay 45m for him.

Don't buy from the Prem unless its some experienced 28 year old who costs like 3m.

The spine of our side needs sorting out first. Top of the range centre half, two if possible although I still think there’s a player in Mori. Top of the range midfielder, box to box type. Left back.
This is where I’d start once I decided on a style.
Exactly my thoughts

Harry Maguire for £50m.
I like him and the £17m Leicester paid was certainly a lot shrewder than us when we acquired Keane.

But £50m.? Cummon.

There is no value for money in England, unless we can get somebody with a relegation buy out clause or at the end of their contract. Keane, with only 12 months left on his contract, would be considered gross misconduct in any other industry.

He plays for Fulham mate, there is every chance we could get him if we tempt him and Fulham with nice offers.

I only see maybe Utd actually interested, and if they're not then we may well be the best offer he gets.
A lot depends on next weekend, they go up they won't sell him.

The spine of our side needs sorting out first. Top of the range centre half, two if possible although I still think there’s a player in Mori. Top of the range midfielder, box to box type. Left back.
This is where I’d start once I decided on a style.

This 100%. Absolutely top of the list has to be a powerhouse centre half and a powerhouse centre mid.

Yeh I'm really excited by him just a shame he's not ours!

Would possibly work but as we've seen in the Checkatrade Trophy maybe League 2 is even a step up for the academies.
We have Dowell though mate;) I bet there's loads of German teams looking on in envy.

Checkatrade's a weird one. Not sure academy's have taken it that seriously so far. Certainly the first year when the fixtures coincided with Youth Internationals.

I wouldn't buy from the PL again not because the players are bad but the prices they are charging is atrocious, I would still buy Siggy but I'd never in a million years pay 45m for him.

Don't buy from the Prem unless its some experienced 28 year old who costs like 3m.
Agree with the first part of your post but then you go and spoil it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back