Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it’s all conjecture but it’s looking likely that Brands and Silva have been lined up for a while, so you would hope they’ve chatted and know how they want the team to play. You would also hope they have a shopping list and the club have done some groundwork on targets.

If we bring somebody in before 1st June you would have to think it’s with Brands endorsement, although there might be a bit more licence if it’s an U23 player.

i AM SORRY eGGS, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? tHIS IS eVERTON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

sTUPID CAPS..

Silva has been done in principle for months as others have stated. I was told 3 months ago he would be manager before my birthday which is now only a few days away. The same board member that told me this also said (off the record) last week to members of the press corps close to the club that Silva was consulted on Wayne and has no interest in keeping him as he wants high energy pressing with fast/physical midfield and forward outlets. He would not play consistently so is not worth £9m p.a. (about 5% of our annual turnover as context).

There is no way Watford will sell us Richarlison and I think we have better options if some of the names linked via Brands have any truth. The general buzz amongst the press is that we are targeting 4 presumed starters in with more out to thin out the squad offset by a reload for the U23s as the cupboard is somewhat bare there having been raided so heavily over last 18 months. Obviously the marketplace may not work out as we want (e.g. if Lookman wants out we might need another player) but from the way those around the club are talking there seems to be a clearer plan this year than there ever was last year but time will tell.

Silva has been done in principle for months as others have stated. I was told 3 months ago he would be manager before my birthday which is now only a few days away. The same board member that told me this also said (off the record) last week to members of the press corps close to the club that Silva was consulted on Wayne and has no interest in keeping him as he wants high energy pressing with fast/physical midfield and forward outlets. He would not play consistently so is not worth £9m p.a. (about 5% of our annual turnover as context).

There is no way Watford will sell us Richarlison and I think we have better options if some of the names linked via Brands have any truth. The general buzz amongst the press is that we are targeting 4 presumed starters in with more out to thin out the squad offset by a reload for the U23s as the cupboard is somewhat bare there having been raided so heavily over last 18 months. Obviously the marketplace may not work out as we want (e.g. if Lookman wants out we might need another player) but from the way those around the club are talking there seems to be a clearer plan this year than there ever was last year but time will tell.
Thanks for the info. I’m going to needs @Joey66 to confirm though as the new ITK overlord.

I could cry when I think of the likes of Sheeds and this current lot,yeah maybe reidy,brace did a lot of the running for him,if that is "luxury"!!! he produced magic so very often in so many games, for me he would get in any everton all time XI.
I agree about your greatest 11. He really was a stylish player, I’d like to see how he would adapt playing the game today. He wasn’t blessed with great pace, but had that attribute all the top players have...time on the ball. The protection afforded to players in conjunction with the better pitches, would see him flourish nowadays imo.

Very exciting but would probably cost £80m+ for the pair.

I’d rather stick with Lookman and Walcott (possibly get someone like Lozano or young Kluivert in) and spend the extra on other areas ie left back, centre back, centre mid.
Not a big fan of managers going back for their former players, never seems to fully work out. See schneiderlin, kone et al

I remember the debate about whether Walker would bring Sutton from Norwich back in the day.

No it hasn't.

He's our record signing and a very good player.

We should have been building the team around him this season, rather than throwing him in in different roles when he was half-fit etc.

It's no coincidence Rooney's form dropped off a cliff once Gylfi got injured.

Put him in a central role, and he can make things happen for us. He's never been a player who can control the tempo of a game, but that should come from a player behind him, operating next to a sweeper like Gueye.

Spot on mate, Gylfi in attacking mid with Walcott to his right are the first two attacking names on the team sheet as far as I’m concerned. Got to build the attack around them.

Rashford batsuayi (loan)
Lacaselles Newcastle
Vardy mahrez
Pascal gross
Lemina
Arnoutavic
Bertrand
Lanzini
Richardson
Ndidi
Doucoure
And finally zaha.

Rashford batsuayi (loan)
Lacaselles Newcastle
Vardy mahrez
Pascal gross
Lemina
Arnoutavic
Bertrand
Lanzini
Richardson
Ndidi
Doucoure
And finally zaha.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back