Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How very blessed we were to see two such supremely skilled performers as those two lads in that fantastic side, almost makes it worth the suffering watching this lot these days to know we lived through those heady days:)
It saddens me that younger element of our support never got to see such great great players in action. It infuriates me in equal measure that we have the likes of Pogba, Ozil and Ali receiving plaudits that they do, when none of them come near Steven and Sheedy. For our younger fanbase, Steven and Sheedy influenced that mid 80s team in equal measure as to how De Bruyne and Silva influence city. Now they are two footballers who are worthy of the praise they receive.

It saddens me that younger element of our support never got to see such great great players in action. It infuriates me in equal measure that we have the likes of Pogba, Ozil and Ali receiving plaudits that they do, when none of them come near Steven and Sheedy. For our younger fanbase, Steven and Sheedy influenced that mid 80s team in equal measure as to how De Bruyne and Silva influence city. Now they are two footballers who are worthy of the praise they receive.
Silva does remind me of Tricky,although I recall Trev being pretty useful in the air too!!I can't recall a player we've had with such poise and balance although I remember some comparisons at the time in that respect to Alex Young,how balanced were we with those two out wide and Reidy and Brace in the engine room?, ferreting and giving it easy to them,a simple game made difficult by some, but not Howard who built the near perfect team for us to enjoy:)

Him or his agent write a good letter. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a rank average player who’d be about as popular here as Allardyce was.

You're quite right, and I'm not suggesting for a minute that we buy him, but I do feel he comes in for a lot of undeserved abuse for the stand he takes.

You're quite right, and I'm not suggesting for a minute that we buy him, but I do feel he comes in for a lot of undeserved abuse for the stand he takes.

In fairness, he projects a very different image in his letter than he does on the pitch. Horrible snide of a player on it

Anyone else from the French league we should be targeting? Players from the premiership are far too expensive

Thiago Mendes from Lille was decent in the games I seen on BT Sports, but my mate in France also raves about him and been saying we should sign him for weeks. But says Bissouma has more potential so will take his word for his as he goes to more live games than Lille are on BT Sports for us to watch.

Attachments

• 57A7AFA5-998D-480D-ABBB-4130888F2F00.webp
    57A7AFA5-998D-480D-ABBB-4130888F2F00.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 140
Think we can afford to be really picky about signings, given that we know we need far more outs than ins, and we know which positions we need. Id prioritise the 5 key signings as such;

Left back
Centre mid (who actually passes forward and can play a bit)
Centre back
Left winger
Striker

One of Keane, Mori, or Holgate should be playing next year and each need to step up to the plate - I suspect one of them will, but we need a top centre half to partner them. The difference VVD has made across the park is obvious.

Out of our current lot, only Pickford, Coleman, Gana, Walcott, and Sigurdsson walk into the first XI as far as I’m concerned. One or two stepping up to the plate, as well as 4-5 very good signings, and we could be in business.

i don't think van dijk has made one blind bit of difference to them tbh, they're still the same, they either keep a clean sheet or they concede 2, 3 or 4 a game. We need a proper dominant centre back, and then we need a manager who will actually implement them properly into the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back