Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not buying to Baines to MLS at this point but have to think it'll be 2 leftbacks given our best second choice would be RFM or Martina. Linked again with Joe Bryan at Bristol, would him and Fabra really cost that much together?

Still not buying to Baines to MLS at this point but have to think it'll be 2 leftbacks given our best second choice would be RFM or Martina. Linked again with Joe Bryan at Bristol, would him and Fabra really cost that much together?

Bryan has been linked for £6m. Steal imo.

The link down here was to Burnley mind, not sure I have seen one to us.

Eggs round up early had a link via 4th Official (not a great source I'll admit). Have seen him name pop up a few times and since Bristol didn't manage to go up I could see him being willing to move on. More realistic than Tierney or the dude from Fulham

Why don't we give him more time before writing him off as Jelavic 2.0?

He's scored 5 in 12 starts, averaging less than 1.5 shots per game in one of the most stunted attacking teams I've ever seen.
Not writing him off chief, merely pointing out how some of our fans are going way over the top with him because he comes across as sound. Can easily go either way

Eggs round up early had a link via 4th Official (not a great source I'll admit). Have seen him name pop up a few times and since Bristol didn't manage to go up I could see him being willing to move on. More realistic than Tierney or the dude from Fulham

Agree he is more realistic. Said it a few times, Bristol City play him on the left side as much as a traditional full back. He isnt a winger, as such, but when I have seen him, he has had a "normal" LB behind him, Magnusson, and the package looked good to me. That said, was against City and United in cup games.

More regular City, (Bristol) watchers caution that Magnusson has a tendency to make costly errors.

Agree he is more realistic. Said it a few times, Bristol City play him on the left side as much as a traditional full back. He isnt a winger, as such, but when I have seen him, he has had a "normal" LB behind him, Magnusson, and the package looked good to me. That said, was against City and United in cup games.

More regular City, (Bristol) watchers caution that Magnusson has a tendency to make costly errors.

Interesting, thanks for that. Championship/cup stuff is a pain to actually follow here in the states.

I cant see the logic in either of them...

Fabra or Bryan as a punt then perhaps as a 2nd choice if the u21s arent up to snuff...and if there isnt a better option at u21 level globally.

But otherwise theyre at their level now and not exacly star players.

Fabra is built like a tank. He’s nearly as wide as me and I’m a fat barsteward.

From vids it looks like he’s be a good signing for a side in the Dutch league!

I cant see the logic in either of them...

Fabra or Bryan as a punt then perhaps as a 2nd choice if the u21s arent up to snuff...and if there isnt a better option at u21 level globally.

But otherwise theyre at their level now and not exacly star players.

True. Just having a local knowledge of Bryan, he is well regarded, and has the brains to know if he could make the step up. FWIW, the managers Dad told me he is sure he could make it in the PL.

Like I said, if £6m is the price, not the worst bit of business ever.

True. Just having a local knowledge of Bryan, he is well regarded, and has the brains to know if he could make the step up. FWIW, the managers Dad told me he is sure he could make it in the PL.

Like I said, if £6m is the price, not the worst bit of business ever.
From what I’ve seen, and it’s only been three matches, he looks like a worse version of Robbie Brady. Could be wrong though. Just seemed to me he got overly hyped for one great goal and then was not very good against City.

6m is nothing though.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back