Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Wilshire is a good player, but if he gets in our side, who misses out? Probably Davies, I would rather develop Davies in the first team, than bring in Wilshire. We have more pressing matters to address in defence and up front for me
I like Davies but they're very different players, and I feel like the ceiling on what Wilshere could achieve is much higher. He's still only 26, playing in a position where players typically peak in their late 20s, and he has a huge amount of talent. He's been brilliant lately for Arsenal, was great against Milan this week.

Given how much he loves Arsenal I don't see him leaving in the summer though so this is a non-starter.

I’ve been impressed with Wilshere in the last couple of months, he’s found his form and is obviously benefiting from playing every week. There’s still a massive question mark about his injury record though, and I can’t see him leaving Arsenal if they want him to stay, providing the deal is right, this smacks of his agent upping the ante on the Gooners to me.

Probably Rooney.

I like Davies but they're very different players, and I feel like the ceiling on what Wilshere could achieve is much higher. He's still only 26, playing in a position where players typically peak in their late 20s, and he has a huge amount of talent. He's been brilliant lately for Arsenal, was great against Milan this week.

Given how much he loves Arsenal I don't see him leaving in the summer though so this is a non-starter.

It could be just his agents way of getting him the best deal at Arsenal, but there are more and more players leaving Arsenal and we have that link with Moshiri and Walcott

Given the way we play (4-5-1) if we play with Walcott and Bolasie, that leaves 3 places in the middle, fat Sam likes to play 1 attacking (sigurdsson) and 2 holding (like most of the managers we have had) which is typically Gana and one other, Rooney has played their recently with Davies, while Gana has been sick, fat Sam tends to go with experience over youth, so I think if we sign Wilshire it will be the younger players who miss out

Davies will never be a patch on peak wilshire

I think it’s about balance when picking a midfield 3, at the moment the 2 most mobile players we have are Gana and Davies in that midfield, Wilshire is a good player, he has good vision and can pick a pass, but he lacks pace and can’t tackle, so other players need to do that for him. For me we already have, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Vlasic and Klassen in the position Wilshire will be best suited to, and we need a LB, CB, DM and CF in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back