Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like he'll get paid peanuts elsewhere is it... haha.

I dunno, this thread will be an absolute mess this Summer, I just refuse to have another Witsel/Mata window.

He's not, no, but he's on about €90k p/wk at Bayern.

Now, that wouldn't go up much at somewhere like Juve, for example, although PSG/Madrid could obviously pay him more.

I’m 100 % convinced Brands has not named any figure, let alone 100 mil.
I didn’t here him say it. But I read loads of people mention that he said it. Anyway it still stands, he was very reluctant to leave PSV. He wouldn’t have come to us, trying to break the top 6 with peanuts to work with.

First thing is getting Rooney out the door. Big saving on wages but important symbolically.

Sends message to Williams, Bolassie, Scheiderlin, Klaasen et al. Might not work, they’re mercenaries on big wages/contracts but we’ve got to try and get rid of deadwood first.

I’ve been very down about the prospect of signing Carvalho from what I saw as a lack of mobility.

From watching good old YouTube he can actually move when he wants to. He could actually be a Viera type player.

I’m not sure if it’s a lack of drive in him rather than anything else. If Silva can resolve that then happy days.

I’ve been very down about the prospect of signing Carvalho from what I saw as a lack of mobility.

From watching good old YouTube he can actually move when he wants to. He could actually be a Viera type player.

I’m not sure if it’s a lack of drive in him rather than anything else. If Silva can resolve that then happy days.

Or it's the tactics he's being asked to follow?

It was never necessarily a lack of mobility for WillyC, more a lack of give-a-damn. Likes to to Schneiderlin-jog-around when he can't be arsed.

If we say at a minimum we need 25 million for a top new LB, 40 mill for a top CB, and 35 mill for a top CM, and maybe 15 mill in play money for Brands to get some cheap steals, that puts us at needing 115 million. I know we would all prefer an extra player or two, but the reality is we get back Dowell and Lookman from loan, and we bought 2 new attackers in the summer. If one of either Holgate or Keane pans out, that gives us a solid back 4, and improved midfield, allowing the now more attacking minded from 4 to get forward more.

To get that 115 million we have to sell some players, but I think we can get 10m for Sandro, 20m for Schneiderlin, 15m for Bolasie, 15m for Funes Mori. Not counting other players we can sell, thats 4 players who get us 60 million. We should have about 20 million in operating profit before player trading if we clear out some wages, so that puts us to 80 million. That means Moshiri really only needs to invest 35 million to get us to 115 million. We have enough finances to greatly improve 3-4 of the 11 starting spots without even getting into selling players like Niasse, Williams and Klaassen.

Then you're new roster looks like:

Pickford
Coleman Holgate NEW CB NEW LB
Gana
New CM Siggurdson
Walcott Tosun Lookman

Bench:
Keane
Jags
Kenny
Baines
Davies
Klaassen
Dowell
DCL
Niasse
Some random person off the street whos a better winger than Bolasie

It was never necessarily a lack of mobility for WillyC, more a lack of give-a-damn. Likes to to Schneiderlin-jog-around when he can't be arsed.

Can’t be having him then. Need players who want to give their souls to win. Had enough of lazy feckers who don’t give a toss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back