Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If youre going to compare Carvalho to any past Everton players whose the closest? For me id say Barry...

Not sure, but definitely not like Barry in how they play.

Barry would be the link player that picked up the ball deep and moved us forward.

Carvalho is more a powerhouse, either driving forward with a run or picking out a pass.

I think he'd do well for us but there's definitely limitations to his play and we may be better going for a more 'attacking/mobile' player

The only time i watched Carvalho properly was 2 years ago during the Euros. Gotta say i just couldn't see anything whatsoever that made him a stand out player. Literally just stood in the centre circle the whole tournament sticking out a leg every now and then and doing 2 yard James McCarthy passes.

I think we really need stronger but more athletic players who are quick on their feet. We were unbelievably slow last season and i don't want to go through all that again.

I agree. I’m not a fan

The only time i watched Carvalho properly was 2 years ago during the Euros. Gotta say i just couldn't see anything whatsoever that made him a stand out player. Literally just stood in the centre circle the whole tournament sticking out a leg every now and then and doing 2 yard James McCarthy passes.

I think we really need stronger but more athletic players who are quick on their feet. We were unbelievably slow last season and i don't want to go through all that again.

Spot on, the guy is proper Wijnaldum. Massive swerve from me.

What kind of transfer outlay do people expect us to have this summer?

Net wont be much as i feel we’ll shift a lot of deadwood & bring in two or three.

We’ve got 5/6 players who contribute next to nothing who can be sold for a combined £50m+, save £500k a week in wages & we’ll probably only bring 2/3 with that money.

Net wont be much as i feel we’ll shift a lot of deadwood & bring in two or three.

We’ve got 5/6 players who contribute next to nothing who can be sold for a combined £50m+, save £500k a week in wages & we’ll probably only bring 2/3 with that money.

3 players for 16 mil each won’t get us much.

If we lobbed £150k a week at him, maybe.

But yeh, it would be doubtful.

It's not out of the realms of possibility though, if you get me. Bayern won't sell for a *massive* fee.

But, I just get the feeling it'll be Juve. Possibly Arsenal or PSG.

Clubs might agree fees, agents might agree but someone like Jerome Boateng will not want to play for Everton after Bayern Munich haha.

Didn’t Brands say a 100mil? Surely Brands & even Silva wouldn’t have come with no money available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back