Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Caravlho is a big yes, is he not similar to Dacoure in position and a type that Silva uses?

He sits deep mostly...I suppose you could compare him to Barry.

Think he's just settled at a level but that level is actually good.

The pace thing. Yeh, he isn't quick, but unlike Klaassen he has the strength and power to just brush people off. And when he needs to shift it, he can.

You put him next to a player like Gueye (against the best sides) and there'd be no getting through. Put him next to a more attack-minded, deep-lying playmaker or box-to-box midfielder, and it's equally good.

We'll see. Ideally we could do with somebody who has a mix of everything like.

Torreira for me would be first name in the centre of the pitch. Loftus-Cheek is also someone who needs a defined position and I think those 2 alternating up/down in the same way Watford played could be interesting.

Really not sure on Carvalho...I like the 2 box to box midfielder system...Petit and Vieira looked good doing it too.

It'd be a start.

But I think there's four signings that are the priority, regardless of outgoings

1 CM
1 CB
1 LB
1 FWD (striker/winger versatile player imo)

Get those four in as a basis, and then everything on top of that is a bonus.

CM - Torreira
CB - Diop
LB - Bernat
FWD - Lozano

How much would that all be, i'd guess 90mil. Easily achievable from player sales.

If its true we have 100mil to spend then;

Pickford/???
Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate -- Diop -- Bernat/Robinson
Gana/Baningime -- Torreira/Davies
Walcott/Lozano -- Sigurdsson/Dowell -- Lookman/Onyekuru
Tosun/DCL​
Vlasic, Connolly, Feeney etc all in the squad too.
+110mil to spend.

CM - Torreira
CB - Diop
LB - Bernat
FWD - Lozano

How much would that all be, i'd guess 90mil. Easily achievable from player sales.

If its true we have 100mil to spend then;

Pickford/???
Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate -- Diop -- Bernat/Robinson
Gana/Baningime -- Torreira/Davies
Walcott/Lozano -- Sigurdsson/Dowell -- Lookman/Onyekuru
Tosun/DCL​
Vlasic, Connolly, Feeney etc all in the squad too.
+110mil to spend.

lollollollol

PlantPOT.

He sits deep mostly...I suppose you could compare him to Barry.

Torreira for me would be first name in the centre of the pitch. Loftus-Cheek is also someone who needs a defined position and I think those 2 alternating up/down in the same way Watford played could be interesting.

Really not sure on Carvalho...I like the 2 box to box midfielder system...Petit and Vieira looked good doing it too.

Carvalho is nothing like Barry Zat

If youre going to compare Carvalho to any past Everton players whose the closest? For me id say Barry...

Barry was fairly mobile (certainly until his last year with us), was a good reader of the game and had a cultured left foot.
Carvalho isn’t very mobile but is very strong in the tackle. He does have a decent passing range.
Yes they play in the centre of midfield but they’re not all that similar.

Barry was fairly mobile (certainly until his last year with us), was a good reader of the game and had a cultured left foot.
Carvalho isn’t very mobile but is very strong in the tackle. He does have a decent passing range.
Yes they play in the centre of midfield but they’re not all that similar.

The only time i watched Carvalho properly was 2 years ago during the Euros. Gotta say i just couldn't see anything whatsoever that made him a stand out player. Literally just stood in the centre circle the whole tournament sticking out a leg every now and then and doing 2 yard James McCarthy passes.

I think we really need stronger but more athletic players who are quick on their feet. We were unbelievably slow last season and i don't want to go through all that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back