Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL missed lots of chances last year, and you know it.

There are players such as Batshuayi and Martial who would be available given the transfer fee and wage is correct. We need to show ambition and get real quality in the side, or what's the point? I'd have no qualms about keeping DCL as a 3/4th choice CF - but he should not be leading the line at Everton.

I said when we lost Lukaku that Maro Icardi was available for around £50m.... we should have been all over that but we chose to not replace Lukaku.

Belotti didn't have a brilliant year, would he be available? If Rashford can't get a game would he be available on loan? Would Moussa Dembele be available? Could we have a go at Dolberg? Does Mandzukic want to try the PL? Shick hasn't played lots at Roma would he want a change?

These are the names we should be considering...

I haven't once said he didn't miss decent chances?

Batshuayi has flopped in this league. He worked well at Dortmund because it's a completely different style of league.

Martial isn't going to be available for us. In fact, United's board don't want to sell him at all, and there's supposedly a lot of friction between them and Mourinho over that.

Oh there we go, the 'show ambition' quote as well.

Mauro Icardi would not have come to Everton. He's the Inter captain and is a superstar over there. Belotti may be available - that doesn't mean there isn't room in the squad for DCL.

Schick has been awful at Roma. Mario Mandzukic is 32. Dolberg has dropped off a cliff - admittedly still a talent. Dembele has struggled with injuries.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that not once have I labelled DCL as a top goalscorer. I just think he's a very decent option to have in the squad - I'd rather the squad players be young, hungry players with a bit of talent and workrate than some journeyman 29-year-old.

And you're also suggesting that I'm saying we shouldn't bring a striker in?

I haven't said that. If we do get a Dembele or a Plea or a Dolberg that's fine. It just doesn't have to be at DCL's expense.

Batshuayi didn't flop - he didn't play as Costa was ahead of him and then has lit up the Bundasliga.

Martial doesn't play for utd.

Icardi fell out with the Ultras and had death threats. Last season we had European football, Inter didn't...

Schick scored 3 in 13 for Roma... better than DCL's conversion rate.

Dolberg hasnt 'dropped off a cliff'. He's had an injury at the start of the season and been rotated...his games as a starter hes done well in (as usual) but not so great as a sub. Scoring rate of 1 in 3 at 20 years old.

Schick hasnt been played in the 'behind the striker' position...stuck out on the right or up front + sub for most games...

Lookman is a winger, not an old school winger, but a modern wing forward, a winger for short.

Hes not a striker.

Dowell im not even sure is a footballer.

Say no to drugs.

Whats up buttercup?

I fully predict Ozkayup, Carvalho and Lozano. So much so that I am going to whack some wedge on it if I can get the odds.

I think Carvalho is lazy journalism. Ozkayup possibly and Lozano the most desired...no concrete links on any yet. Bit of a risky gamble.

Watched any Tunisian 3rd division today mate?

It's Ramadan you clown.

#banterama

Dolberg hasnt 'dropped off a cliff'. He's had an injury at the start of the season and been rotated...his games as a starter hes done well in (as usual) but not so great as a sub. Scoring rate of 1 in 3 at 20 years old.

Schick hasnt been played in the 'behind the striker' position...stuck out on the right or up front + sub for most games...

Say no to drugs.

Whats up buttercup?

I think Carvalho is lazy journalism. Ozkayup possibly and Lozano the most desired...no concrete links on any yet. Bit of a risky gamble.

#banterama

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did put the feelers out for the boy William, Zat

He'd be a good addition I reckon

Sign them all

I saw the Boateng thing a bit ago, and in all honesty, that's a 'fantasy' signing I think we could actually try for.

I mean, I don't think we'd get him, but in terms of price I reckon £40m would be enough, and it'd then be up to him.

Can see him going to Juve, though.

Vidal... he's 31, injury prone, but boss.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did put the feelers out for the boy William, Zat

He'd be a good addition I reckon

He looked amazing a few years ago and doesnt seem to have changed much...reached his peak?

Issue with him is his turning speed...hes not got the pace and, as weve seen with Klaassen and Keane that is a worry.

Barry was 'ok' (im not a fan) and he was similarly one paced...so may be ok.

But i want better than ok...if we went with 2 centre midfielders out of Davies, Baningime, Gana + Torreira (linked) id prefer another player similar to Torreira in age and potential (who doesnt mess around)

Perhaps the French 21 year old who was linked...thats a good mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back