Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my choice as a first purchase. I think Gana/ Benny can do the defensive task.

Silva has to have a structure in mind for the team and for me support for Tosun is essential and that is best supplied by a top, attacking midfielder
with whom he can link. If that is the case, we need a dynamic midfielder who can get around - Carvalho is not that player.

Far too similar though.

Neither are good enough on the ball and neither really have any presence.

They won't sell to us and Doucoure has already said he wouldn't join Everton. Doesn't see it as a step up apparently.

But yes, in an ideal world, he'd be the best addition.
That was a blag quote made up by someone on Twitter and picked up by clueless journalists. The one who made it up even admitted it, it was a Watford fan.

Watford are powerless to stop players leaving to any club. They aren’t a big enough club to hold onto a player once the big money starts coming out.

That was a blag quote made up by someone on Twitter and picked up by clueless journalists. The one who made it up even admitted it, it was a Watford fan.

Watford are powerless to stop players leaving to any club. They aren’t a big enough club to hold onto a player once the big money starts coming out.

Fair enough. I'll join the ranks of clueless journos then.

TBF, I had seen something the other day about it being faked, and just ignored it :)

Anyway, doesn't change the fact Watford won't do business with us.

I'd rather sign Loftus-Cheek than Carvalho

Same, but they're not really the similar type of player at all. RLC is more attacking, Carvlho more defensive.

Plus, I don't get where this assumption is coming from that RLC is going to be available is coming from?

Chelsea are likely gonna have a new manager so a lot will depend on that.

If he is available, we should be in for him yes, but at the moment there's nothing to suggest he is.

Carvalho, on the other hand, has supposedly (this is going by Portuguese press plus people who know their stuff about the Sporting fiasco) said he wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back