Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, but they're not really the similar type of player at all. RLC is more attacking, Carvlho more defensive.

Plus, I don't get where this assumption is coming from that RLC is going to be available is coming from?

Chelsea are likely gonna have a new manager so a lot will depend on that.

If he is available, we should be in for him yes, but at the moment there's nothing to suggest he is.

Carvalho, on the other hand, has supposedly (this is going by Portuguese press plus people who know their stuff about the Sporting fiasco) said he wants out.

Unlike you, I'm happy with Gana, so I'd want RLC to play alongside him

Unlike you, I'm happy with Gana, so I'd want RLC to play alongside him

I'm happy with Gana, Mikey.

But our midfield desperately needs some presence in it - some strength and height to go along with Gana, plus someone who can actually get on the ball and dictate our play because Gana is atrocious at it.

RLC can do that and I think he'd be a terrific signing, but so far there is nothing to suggest he'll be available.

Midfield is an area we desperately need bolstering so if we can get a quality player like Carvalho (or somebody else) in, then we can't be waiting around to see if RLC may become available later in the summer...

RLC is more like Barkley in the way he takes the ball forward. Less about raking passes and more about driving forward with the ball - which is fine in my book.

Carvalho is more of a string puller when he gets on the ball - starts moves off by regaining possession and then switching play to the wings or into the forward positions.

Not sure how he'd work with Gana, but if we went and got a player like Ozyakup in, or Torreira, then they'd probably form a really good partnership.

Spot on, Gana can do Carvalho’s job already, and he does it better. Beni too, as you say, is in a similar mould. Would be a totally pointless first signing given the positions we need to fill elsewhere, chief among which is a partner for Gana, not a replica.

Brands has the say on transfers anyway, so hopefully we don’t need to worry about this one.
I’d rather get rid of gana, because he can’t defend or attack. So he runs around a lot and puts a few tackles in. So does Davies and McCarthy. Our midfield is the worst it’s been in years.

And from a technical and ability point of view Carvalho is streets ahead of gana.

No transfer fee
Everton to continue paying his wages next season
And he get a coaching role when he retires.

**** Off.
The mans a disgrace. It's another koeman style pay off.

He has one year left, pay a transfer fee if yiu want him and pay all his wages like other teams do.

Dc will be paying a “significant proportion” of his wages, just like United are doing now with us. How it will be worked out I don’t know. But I assume it will still save a good wage, even if we were paying half, it saves £75k a week which could pay someone else.

I’d rather get rid of gana, because he can’t defend or attack. So he runs around a lot and puts a few tackles in. So does Davies and McCarthy. Our midfield is the worst it’s been in years.

And from a technical and ability point of view Carvalho is streets ahead of gana.

Definitely. I'm not sure Carvalho is the answer, but our midfield is seriously poor at the moment.

Is it just me that thinks the likes of Gana, Sigurdsson, Walcott & Tosun dont real fit the style people want us to play?

Definitely. I'm not sure Carvalho is the answer, but our midfield is seriously poor at the moment.

Carvalho would be ok, provided we play a 3 and he is the deepest of that 3, and the other 2 have a good engine on them.
Thats alot of "if's" though

There's absolutely no requirement to get rid of Gana.

He's excellent at the job he does. Put him in a position where his job is simply to sweep up and give it to a player better on the ball, then he's excellent.

I share the concerns of carvalho, but if he does come at least Silva has worked with him before and well he does start for the reigning European champions.

Seems like it wouldn't just be Silva getting a familiar face in either, because brands would have to ok it. They both do a lot more in depth analysis than us. I just think we need someone more dynamic and mobile myself.

We don't need another schneiderlin type player, unless we're selling him and besic ...in which case we still need that box to box player in the first XI.

Is it just me that thinks the likes of Gana, Sigurdsson, Walcott & Tosun dont real fit the style people want us to play?

They all fit the fast style Silva likes to play. They're all pretty much our only players that are capable of moving the ball on quickly and with some pace.

However, I do agree that it's difficult to fit them into one set system/style - or it is on paper at least.

Ideally, we do go for somebody who can get forward (or likes to) a bit more than Carvalho, to ensure that Gana doesn't have to become the box-to-box player, as he simply isn't up to scratch in that role.

But we do need someone who's good on the ball in that position, and also has that bit of presence needed to add some physicality to midfield.

Anyway, we're not going to see a flutter of new signings straight away, maybe one or two but we can't buy loads and then realise we can't shift any of the deadwood. It would also loosen our bargaining power when trying to get the best outward deals.

Patience needed but thankfully the window has only about 9 weeks left so we can't sit on our arses too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back