Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Jagielka, Baines, Schneiderlin, Bolasie will be in every matchday squad when fit next season.

Quick question.
Who do you think paid his wages last season?
They should be paying around 5m transfer fee and all of his wages .
What's happening is they get him for free despite him having a year left and his wages paid for by us.

Ronaldo has 3 years left. Let's get him on a free then get Madrid to pay his wages for the next 3 seasons, yeah lads.

Dc will be paying a “significant proportion” of his wages, just like United are doing now with us. How it will be worked out I don’t know. But I assume it will still save a good wage, even if we were paying half, it saves £75k a week which could pay someone else.
Still paying 75k a week to someone that will never play for this club again.
There should be a fee and their club should pay his wages in full just like every other club does.

His not being sacked like koeman or Martinez, there is no legal obligation to pay him anything once he is gone.

100% Jagielka, Baines, Schneiderlin, Bolasie will be in every matchday squad when fit next season.

No idea where you're getting this from

Schneiderlin is definitely a player we're looking to move on btw. He's a huge earner so unless he sharpens up in pre-season, we'll show him the door.

If he does sharpen up, however, then we may well have the player we thought we'd signed when he initially came in last January - he was ace for that few months.

Jags and Baines should stay and should both be around the squad, but neither should (or will) be guaranteed starters in Silva (or Brands') system.

Bolasie is an odd one.

The talent is there but that injury has wrecked his confidence and he just seems to be either overplaying or keeping it so 'simple' that he isn't actually doing anything.

Again, if Silva can get him playing then we've got a decent player on our hands. But if a winger has to go, then I'd rather it be him than any of the others.

Still paying 75k a week to someone that will never play for this club again.
There should be a fee and their club should pay his wages in full just like every other club does.

His not being sacked like koeman or Martinez, there is no legal obligation to pay him anything once he is gone.

We didn't pay United a fee and they're still paying some of his wages, lad

And yes, there is a legal obligation for his contract to be paid

you already got exposed as being a RS. Go away now. You also said the fat sam would 100% be manager for next season. . You know nothing
"You know nothing" is wrong on so many levels. Go grab a textbook.

Exposed, haha. Nice one!

They should be paying around 5m transfer fee and all of his wages .
What's happening is they get him for free despite him having a year left and his wages paid for by us.

Ronaldo has 3 years left. Let's get him on a free then get Madrid to pay his wages for the next 3 seasons, yeah lads.
ManU paid a fair chunk of his wages last season while he was with is. We couldn't have afforded him otherwise.

That was part of the lukaku deal

No, it wasn't. They were totally separate deals.

Lukaku cost Utd £75m up front with an additional £15m in add ons, and those add ons were things like amount of goals scored so I imagine we'll be getting them.

Rooney was a totally different deal. We didn't pay a fee but agreed to take on the majority of his wages. United were left paying a chunk, with the agreement that we'd take up more as his contract went on.

It still worked out cheaper for United to get him off their books (mostly).

No idea where you're getting this from

Schneiderlin is definitely a player we're looking to move on btw. He's a huge earner so unless he sharpens up in pre-season, we'll show him the door.

If he does sharpen up, however, then we may well have the player we thought we'd signed when he initially came in last January - he was ace for that few months.

Jags and Baines should stay and should both be around the squad, but neither should (or will) be guaranteed starters in Silva (or Brands') system.

Bolasie is an odd one.

The talent is there but that injury has wrecked his confidence and he just seems to be either overplaying or keeping it so 'simple' that he isn't actually doing anything.

Again, if Silva can get him playing then we've got a decent player on our hands. But if a winger has to go, then I'd rather it be him than any of the others.
There is no indication that Schneiderlin is on the verge of leaving. Or you sauced? He can't earn too much more than the likes of Klaassen, Tosun, et al. That said if he did start looking interested he'd be a useful squad player.

Bolasie should be nowhere near any team in the Premier League and nobody can argue otherwise.

Baines should be backup left back, but we all know he'll start all games when fit. So I can half agree that Baines and Schneiderlin could be useful squad players next season; the problem is they'll be seen as starters and that's why we'll get nowhere near the top five.

There is no indication that Schneiderlin is on the verge of leaving. Or you sauced? He can't earn too much more than the likes of Klaassen, Tosun, et al. That said if he did start looking interested he'd be a useful squad player.

Bolasie should be nowhere near any team in the Premier League and nobody can argue otherwise.

Baines should be backup left back, but we all know he'll start all games when fit. So I can half agree that Baines and Schneiderlin could be useful squad players next season; the problem is they'll be seen as starters and that's why we'll get nowhere near the top five.

He's a player we will actively look to move on if an offer comes in, barring drastic improvement, because we want a midfielder and need to free up space in the squad. If he does improve then that's fine, because he's a good player on his day. He's on about £100k p/wk.

Baines won't be seen as a guaranteed starter if we get a new lb in, which I'm confident we will, this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back