Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolasie is an odd one.

The talent is there but that injury has wrecked his confidence and he just seems to be either overplaying or keeping it so 'simple' that he isn't actually doing anything.

Again, if Silva can get him playing then we've got a decent player on our hands. But if a winger has to go, then I'd rather it be him than any of the others.

I’m sorry Toff but when has bolasie ever shown any signs of having talent.

He should be nowhere near this team, he’s a truly awful footballer who can barely do the basics. He has no football brain, he’s more like a YouTube star trying to show his skillllllz

He was the same at Palace, he would hold number 1 position on my “out the door” list

100% Jagielka, Baines, Schneiderlin, Bolasie will be in every matchday squad when fit next season.

As long as Silva gets the system right, those players will thrive.
He needs to make sure he nails the attacking part of the side right though. The lack of goals in the team is disgusting. Get that right and top 6 is a minimum ask.

We didn't pay United a fee and they're still paying some of his wages, lad

And yes, there is a legal obligation for his contract to be paid
if Rooney was ever close to being the blue he claims to be, he’d just wave away what we owe him when he leaves. The guy’s got enough money to not leach of this club if he chooses to.

Gana can’t defend? That’s just plain wrong, the stats will tell you that as well as the eye test.
You said he and a 19 yr old kid with 4 or 5 appearances for the 1st team. Can do the same job as Carvalho. My argument was they can’t, as gana is not a natural defensive midfielder, who sits in front of the 2 CB’s. He’s not disciplined enough to play that role. And he’s not good enough to play the box to box role.

As long as Silva gets the system right, those players will thrive.
He needs to make sure he nails the attacking part of the side right though. The lack of goals in the team is disgusting. Get that right and top 6 is a minimum ask.
No mate...defence comes first. A solid defence at least gives you a chance .....then sort the midfield and attack. Going to take a few years to get the top six given some of the shoite we have atm. Rome and all that....

Thank Christ you have nothing to do with recruitment

Yeah, we'd be much better off with the type of people that were creaming themselves over Klassen this time last year. Or the planks that turned their noses up at Nzonzi and Arnautovich because they were clearly crap Stoke players and never good enough for Everton.

If we can get better than Shaqiri then fine, but at present he would walk into our side and improve us considerably. You should remember this when we end up having the youth prodigy that is Tom Davies starting in attacking midfield next year, creating the sum total of sweet FA in the final third.

Looks like Rooney is leaving. Best thing for all parties imo. His wages can be better spent elsewhere.

Now get shut of Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Williams, Martina, Sandro and Mirallas as well.

It's insane that these players are costing us about 600k a week..

If we're going to sign a Watford striker, I'd rather we signed that Okaka

Tore us apart on two occasions now

He's gash.. tearing Everton a new one and buying off the back of it is worse than buying after a World Cup . Bolasie, Paul schaner, ki, kuyt all used to rip us to pieces and are hyper gash

You said he and a 19 yr old kid with 4 or 5 appearances for the 1st team. Can do the same job as Carvalho. My argument was they can’t, as gana is not a natural defensive midfielder, who sits in front of the 2 CB’s. He’s not disciplined enough to play that role. And he’s not good enough to play the box to box role.
From where does this idea that he lacks discipline come from? Seems to me he’s the absolute perfect defensive midfielder and would work well in Silva’s 4-2-3-1 where the two DCMs have to be athletic and go back and forth much like a box to box player. Gana can make the simple pass and run with the all a bit. But his value in winning the ball back so far outweighs any offensive inefficiency that he may have that he needs to be on the pitch.

Yeah, we'd be much better off with the type of people that were creaming themselves over Klassen this time last year. Or the planks that turned their noses up at Nzonzi and Arnautovich because they were clearly crap Stoke players and never good enough for Everton.

If we can get better than Shaqiri then fine, but at present he would walk into our side and improve us considerably. You should remember this when we end up having the youth prodigy that is Tom Davies starting in attacking midfield next year, creating the sum total of sweet FA in the final third.
Would he walk into our side over Lookman, Walcott, or Sigurdsson? Heck, no. So let’s stop with the mythology around this guy. And OF COURSE we can get better than Shaqiri as we already have better than him.

Does Shaqiri walk into the RBL side that Lookman has been playing in? No. That should tell you something.

United's board do not want to sell Martial.

If they do, it will be to get Bale/Griezmann/Lewandowski or whoever else Mourinho wants to turn gash. If they do sell him, it will be for £70-80million, and Everton will be low on the list of clubs in for him my friend.

Batshuayi did flop. He cost £30m and has scored seven Premier League goals in a season-and-a-half. There's a reason Chelsea went and spent big on Morata and then did the same with Giroud.

I do like Batshuayi, but he's a goalpocher - and that's why he did well going to Dortmund. His all-round play was the same as it was at Chelsea - very poor, and I watch a lot of Dortmund. I wouldn't be against signing him but that doesn't mean there isn't a place in the squad for DCL either.

Stop pedalling the Icardi nonsense lad. He wasn't coming to Everton. It isn't FIFA. He wasn't leaving his captaincy at Inter to play against the Slovenian farmers and Hadjuk Split.

Schick has been awful for Roma. His all-round game has been abysmal.

DCL's all-round game has been good. His role in the team isn't to be the main goalscorer - can't you get your head around that?

He offers so much else.

Yes, nobody will deny he needs to improve his finishing. But at 21, he shouldn't be leading the line for a Premier League side and we shouldn't be asking him to. He should be there as a different option to use to add balance to the squad, which is what he does. If his finishing doesn't improve by the time he's 23/24, that's when you start to worry.

I don't even know where to start.

I give up... proper white flag

I don't even know where to start.

I give up... proper white flag

Can you tell me what I have said there about DCL that you'd actually disagree with though?

I'm not at all saying that the other forwards you name aren't better - of course they are.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a place in our side/squad for DCL.

Would he walk into our side over Lookman, Walcott, or Sigurdsson? Heck, no. So let’s stop with the mythology around this guy. And OF COURSE we can get better than Shaqiri as we already have better than him.

Does Shaqiri walk into the RBL side that Lookman has been playing in? No. That should tell you something.

Shaqiri performed just as good if not better than anyone of those players last season. I'd have him playing ACM before any of those players. Don't worry though, we have Vlasic, Klassen and Davies instead. Boss they are!

Lookman doesn't walk into RBL either. He spent most of the time his time on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back