Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you set up to ensure he is covered.

You can't play forwards based solely on what they offer at the other end - well, not in every game anyway.

It's why I think we'll go for a big, physical presence in midfield - hopefully one who is decent on the ball as well.

It provides that extra insurance whether we play them alongside Gueye or a more attack-minded player (Davies, Klaasen?)
loftuc - cheek AND Carvalho would be a great defensive duo.

We disagree mate. I saw Sigurdsson play for Everton last season and he was nowhere near a class act. Stoke players can say what they want about Arnautovich but the truth is that they dropped like a stone once he was sold. He's a good player, and I think we would have been better offor with him than Sigurdsson.

Name me one player who played for us last season who WAS a class act.

Not sure about the Larry Blackmon looklikee, Big Willy C.

He doesn`t look the most mobile tbh.

We need someone more creative to compliment Gana imo.

But then again what do I know !

He’s got a very good passing range. My worry would be motivation, he can look imperious one game then is walking the next. He’s better than Schneiderlin though.

People seem to be forgetting that Gana was almost doing the job of two players, every time he played alongside Schneiderfraud.

Then " lead legs " Rooney got moved into midfield, which just meant even more work for him.

Even Kante or Makelele would struggle next those two. ( I`m not comparing him to them by the way ).

He needs someone alongside him, who compliments him.

Over to you Marco.
Here's a thought. Why don't we pair Schneiderfraud and lead kegs Rooney in midfield against Man City.

It amazes me that people expect a youth player brought in for £1.5m and forced into the starting XI because of circumstances to instantly thrive.

Another example of the simple black or white outlook from within our fan base: you're either great or written off. Isn't there an in between?
No

Here's another thought. In the same game, why don't we also try playing two wingers and two strikers for the first time.
Big Sam was really clever there, play Snides and Rooney in a 2 man midfield against City allowing us to be massively overrun. Any time a journo calls for a more attacking line up he can churn out "Look I tried that against City and look what happened, its the player's fault not mine. I tried my best". Pity he's more interested in preserving his own image than winning football games.

Looks like Rooney is leaving. Best thing for all parties imo. His wages can be better spent elsewhere.

Now get shut of Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Williams, Martina, Sandro and Mirallas as well.

Get them four sold, i'd give Klassen and Sandro another season, to be fair, neither of them were given a decent chance last time.

Here's another thought. In the same game, why don't we also try playing two wingers and two strikers for the first time.
Whilst it’s true that the fascinating formation, personnel, and tactics we employed against City worked a treat in terms of causing confusion, I think an extenuating factor is the fret and worry some of the City players were operating under. They had a big CL game vs RS at the Big Stand stadium impending and rumours abounded that hundreds of Chelsea fans were coming to Liverpool, intent on attacking City’s bus.
So yes, we can heap praise on Sam’s managerial nous that game, and be proud of our lion hearted team’s efforts, but I do think a bit of context must be added.

Big Sam was really clever there, play Snides and Rooney in a 2 man midfield against City allowing us to be massively overrun. Any time a journo calls for a more attacking line up he can churn out "Look I tried that against City and look what happened, its the player's fault not mine. I tried my best". Pity he's more interested in preserving his own image than winning football games.
That mirrors my thoughts exactly. He did similar away to Spurs. Then when we get overrun he justifies his normal negative tactics.

So happy he's now history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back