Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the only players I’d take from teams below is like Josh King.
He's a decent player I agree, but hard working strikers who do most things reasonably well but have nothing stand out about their game and probably won't score a massive amount of goals is one thing we absolutely do not need, in my opinion. We already have 3 of them.

There are dozens and dozens of players from teams below us who would be decent signings though, although you'd hope that we would also be casting the net a bit wider.

He's a decent player I agree, but hard working strikers who do most things reasonably well but have nothing stand out about their game and probably won't score a massive amount of goals is one thing we absolutely do not need, in my opinion. We already have 3 of them.

There are dozens and dozens of players from teams below us who would be decent signings though, although you'd hope that we would also be casting the net a bit wider.

Yeh I was just thinking if we were looking inside the PL I’d quite like him as he fits the wide striker role. Basically a better version of DCL. Always rated him highly.

Obviously some other - cheaper - alternatives out there.

What is our thinking on Luke Shaw.
Worth trying to get him or do we swerve due to him being another Utd failure ending up on our payroll?

All depends on who gets relegated. Isn’t really anyone at West Brom is take. Stoke, I’d maybe look at Zouma but that’s about it.
Southampton you have Bertrand.
Palace, there is zaha and then we can ship out Bolasie (with lookman as our backup winger)
Swansea have mawson but I’d be hesitant dealing with them again.
And I wouldn’t want any from West Ham. I hope they go down and stay down.

Realistically, we need to be looking at better than any of those players.

Several of you continue to state that he's overrated. I am very confident that you all are nuts. He's literally the only good athlete we have in the back 5 and the only player we have in midfield that can consistently cover lots of ground and win the ball back from the opposition. It's sooooo difficult to find a DM that can do what he does at the highest level and he is excellent.

I also think Gana and N'Zonzi could actually play well together, but I would focus more on a box-to-box type with Davies to play more as a backup. I still love Doucoure from Watford, but there are others. Go for a #8, at least one elite CB, a new LB as Baines is cooked, and maybe look at another CF and loan out DCL.

But a D of F with a legit concept and a manager capable of implementing it is infinitely more important. Buying players without that clear vision is pointless.

Agree we need a LB but I would keep baines and sign another to make baines backup if we could find someone. Gana is good at tackling etc but with the ball he's so negative.

What? Would we?!

I think so yeah, some stat obsessed DOF or manager would pay that for him I think. It's not a very big amount of money these days is it?

If bolasie, klassen , Keane with only 12 months left, Pickford all cost 25m + I think 30m is about right for gana

All depends on who gets relegated. Isn’t really anyone at West Brom is take. Stoke, I’d maybe look at Zouma but that’s about it.
Palace, there is zaha and then we can ship out Bolasie (with lookman as our backup winger)

Saying that, Bertrand would be good if we could get him. And Jonny Evans apparently has a <£3m release clause for relegation, but at that price, he is worth the risk as back up for one of the teams above us.

What is our thinking on Luke Shaw.
Worth trying to get him or do we swerve due to him being another Utd failure ending up on our payroll?
To be honest I haven't got a clue with him, looked promising as a teen at Southampton, was vastly overpriced to go to United. Got that terrible injury and has hardly played since. Could be a bargain and 10 years sorted but could also be the biggest flop of all time. I'd probably swerve if it was my decision but I can understand why a side will take a punt with him being young and English.

We need to stay with the strategy of buying from above us. Our recent recruitment from lower end prem teams has been poor. Tosun and Walcott are far better purchases than Williams Bolasie Keane. We should continue with looking to buy CL quality players who can make an impact. I think Wilshere would be a good buy but I don’t think he’ll come to us. Plenty of players though with good pedigree maybe not playing as often as they’d want at a CL club who might want first team football on a prem wage.

To be honest I haven't got a clue with him, looked promising as a teen at Southampton, was vastly overpriced to go to United. Got that terrible injury and has hardly played since. Could be a bargain and 10 years sorted but could also be the biggest flop of all time. I'd probably swerve if it was my decision but I can understand why a side will take a punt with him being young and English.
I probably agree with you. Brilliant prospect and destined for greatness until that horrible injury. Still feeling his way back but no empathy from Jose. I'd have him in the blink of an eyelid but for that setback.

Didn’t Shaw recently sign a new contract? He’d cost a fortune.

No mate he didn't, he was out of contract this summer and united just activated the one year extension clause they put into every players contract they sign.

Usually it's just fine to protect some sell on value in a player, they stall on any offered new deal, united activate the extension then sell them in etc.

Probably will do the same with about four players they have, young, Shaw, blind I think.

Fellaini I think they extended by clause last season in the same way

Personally, unless it was Alfie Mawson, i would stay away from any other premier league team and players and just deal on the continent.

Centre half targets - Alfie Mawson, Ben Gibson, Henrichs, Jonahtan Tah, mathis De Ljit

Left Back targets - Aaron Martin, Wendell

Centre Mid targets -Leander Dendonker, Sergei Milenkovic- Savic (dream),Wilfied Ndidi, Donny Van Der Beek, Ruben Loftus Cheek, William Carvalho, Olivier Ntcham

I would go for Gibbs and Evans at West Brom, Gibbs would be a decent back up for Baines and Evans as a new Jags. I think if we have about 6 players coming in we need a few of the players to have premier league experience, so that they settle quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back