Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it in a reply above but unless Gueye goes I really think N'Zonzi would be an unnecessary signing. Didn't we spend the first portion of the season complaining about two DM's? Rather go for a more creative player that can dictate the play from deep. A midfielder such as Ozyakup from Besiktas, or someone of a similar mold since Arsenal look keen on him, would be a great addition.

Would rather sell gueye and sign nzonzi tbh. Would get 30m for gana I reckon and that should be enough to get nzonzi

Would rather sell gueye and sign nzonzi tbh. Would get 30m for gana I reckon and that should be enough to get nzonzi
Of course if we got a big offer for Gueye then yeah, go for N'Zonzi. Don't need more than one starting defensive midfielder.

Of course if we got a big offer for Gueye then yeah, go for N'Zonzi. Don't need more than one starting defensive midfielder.

I agree with what you're saying to a degree . But I don't rate gana that highly, his defensive abilities are very good and his tackling stats etc are excellent and his work rate and pressing is very good. I just think when we are in possession he is terrible . Nzonzi is a very good all round kid that can enforce himself on a game and is very good in both penalty areas

And we do not sell Gana under any circumstance. None.

He's not our biggest problem but he isn't all that either. He is very over rated IMO. Out of the current squad Pickford, Coleman, baines, Walcott, siggy ,Rooney and touson are the only ones I would want to keep. The rest are either non existent , crap, old or have shocking attitudes. Add vlasic, lookman, Davies, to the keep list as they are young and will improve .

He's not our biggest problem but he isn't all that either. He is very over rated IMO. Out of the current squad Pickford, Coleman, baines, Walcott, siggy ,Rooney and touson are the only ones I would want to keep. The rest are either non existent , crap, old or have shocking attitudes. Add vlasic, lookman, Davies, to the keep list as they are young and will improve .
Several of you continue to state that he's overrated. I am very confident that you all are nuts. He's literally the only good athlete we have in the back 5 and the only player we have in midfield that can consistently cover lots of ground and win the ball back from the opposition. It's sooooo difficult to find a DM that can do what he does at the highest level and he is excellent.

I also think Gana and N'Zonzi could actually play well together, but I would focus more on a box-to-box type with Davies to play more as a backup. I still love Doucoure from Watford, but there are others. Go for a #8, at least one elite CB, a new LB as Baines is cooked, and maybe look at another CF and loan out DCL.

But a D of F with a legit concept and a manager capable of implementing it is infinitely more important. Buying players without that clear vision is pointless.

Try for Tierney, if he doesn't want to come or Celtic start asking for silly 40m+ type money then go for Shaw, get an attacking minded manager in and either would be great buys for the next 8-10 years for us.

Bring in a centre back of the calibre of Manolas at Roma, actually affordable - could likely offer him a massive pay rise and bigger profile in this league etc and the club would probably sell for not a ridiculous fee. Shift on the ones who are clearly not close to being good enough in Williams, Martina and due to age Jagielka.

Get a sorted starting back 4 with a bit of decent depth for the positions, before we even start looking at trying to change other areas

Bottom 3 clubs at the moment have some quality that we could easily raid.

There absolutely is. I’d take Bertrand from Saints, Butland/Allen from Stoke (not arsed what anyone says, Joe Allen is a good player), and Chadli off West Brom. People say we should be aiming higher etc, but our squad is full of absolute guff, and these boys can all play.

Luke Shaw anyone
Left back
Being bullied by Mouinho
come and feel the Goodison love lad

Definitely, him or Bertrand would slot straight in. Id have Wilshere off Arsenal too anyday, big upgrade on Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back