Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Lookman is your left inside forward. At least he should be. Sadly, I'm not so sure we don't need two CBs, but again, it really depends on who is coming in here as D of F and then as coach/manager. No way Mosh lets these clowns stay.

Onyekuru

Think Lookman is your left inside forward. At least he should be. Sadly, I'm not so sure we don't need two CBs, but again, it really depends on who is coming in here as D of F and then as coach/manager. No way Mosh lets these clowns stay.
Yeah, im not so sure about that tbh, he never did much here, he's done very little whilst at RBL, yet last week in the German media he came out and said he thinks that he has 'no weaknesses' he seems to have a real attitude about him and thinks he is some sort of wonderkid yet does'nt have the record to show for it.

Pickford -keep
Robles -keep (unless he wants to go)
Stek (release)

Coleman (keep)
Kenny (keep)
Martina (sell)

Baines (keep)

Keane (keep)
Holgate (keep)
Funes Mori (either keep him or jags, not bot)
Jagielka (keep as back up, either him or mori, not both)
Williams (sell)

Besic (sell)
Mccarthy (injured)
Gueye (keep)
Schneiderlin (sell)
Davies (keep)
Klaassen (keep)
Rooney (keep)
Sigurdsson (keep)
Baningime (loan out)

Walcott (keep)
Mirallas (sell)
Lookman (keep)
Dowell (keep)
Onyekuru (keep)
Vlasic (keep)
Bolasie (sell)

Tosun (keep)
Calvert Lewin (keep)
Niasse (sell)

If we build a squad on the basis of 2 players for each position (3 for centre forward) then we pretty much only need a left back, centre back...then if required a centre mid and a centre forward.
Left back can be a 'potential' type signing -21-22 with a high ceiling but not feeling he needs to play every minute just yet, play cup games and back up. Looking at first choice the following year.

Centre mid and centre half needs to be at the 23-26 age bracket, better than any option we have in that position and ready to be an important first team member from the off

The centre forward is not in desperation as we have tosun and dcl already, aswell as lookman, walcott and rooney who can all deputise well.

We make them 3/4 quality signings and we look alot more balanced a decent blend of age and experience.

Suggestions though, i dont have a clue.

I'd take Luke Shaw, only problem is we'd have to have an enthusiastic manager to give him some confidence back after him being bullied by Mourinho

Reactions: Ivo
Pickford

Coleman
Keane
?
?

Gana
Davies
?

?
Siggurdsson
Walcott

Tosun

Bertrand at LB and a no nosense CB for me would do the job. Someone like Nzonzi in the centre and a quality left winger with pace who can score goals and also whip in a ball for Tosun to get his head on.

Don't think we need a wide left player tbh

Let Lookman, Henry and Bolasie compete for it and whoever makes the biggest impact gets the position

Hope it's one of the first 2 like

Let Lookman, Henry and Bolasie compete for it and whoever makes the biggest impact gets the position

Lookmans unproven bar the odd super sub appearance which Niasse also is capable of.

Bolasie is gash 3 out of every 4 games

Henry is also totally unproven

For me Tosun will bag a hatful if we actually had a LW who like Walcott has pace to drag defenders wide but also if we can find one who can whip a ball in for Cenk to get his head onto/knock in a bouncing ball in the box.

Lookmans unproven bar the odd super sub appearance which Niasse also is capable of.

Bolasie is gash 3 out of every 4 games

Henry is also totally unproven

For me Tosun will bag a hatful if we actually had a LW who like Walcott has pace to drag defenders wide but also if we can find one who can whip a ball in for Cenk to get his head onto/knock in a bouncing ball in the box.
Yeah I see what you're saying mate but I'd just say it would be below left back, 2 centre backs and a midfielder in terms of priority.

Problem really in that scenario, Lookman isn't really a winger, Onyekuru I doubt will get a work permit due to the injury, which leaves us with Bolasie who frankly isn't good enough on a consistent basis for anything above mud table.

Throw in the fact both Fonseca and Silva like there wide players to be technically very good and hard working, and we 100% would need one if either of those two got the job.

Yeah I see what you're saying mate but I'd just say it would be below left back, 2 centre backs and a midfielder in terms of priority.

Agree I do think we'll have the cash for those 4 positions mind.

Klaasaan - £8-10 million
Sandro £5-7 million
Schnerderlin- £15 million
Vlasic - £5 million
Besic - £5 million
Mirallas - £4 million
Jags - pennies
Williams - pennies
Martina- pennies

Those expected sales would bring in £40-45 million

Add one of Bolasie or Lookman out for £12-15 million

Niasse if he goes for £10-12 million

We could easily have a good £50-60 million to play with just from player sales. Get Marcel Brands in and get us 2-3 top quality shrewd signings and let Moshiri open the chequebook for a Mahrez type wideman to excite the fans :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back