Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overpaying by a third in my view and the status of the player is an indication of where we are at - cherry picking from clubs down the league for punts that we hope improve/fit in due to league experience, rather than going for established top quality players.

I'm not against it but I'm also worried by it. We don't have unlimited money after all - £30m isn't exactly the new £10m from a few years back just yet.

In a world where Jack Grealish is being quoted as a 40M player it's about right. Times have changed.

It does seem to be an English league thing in general but we can hopefully make it up by spending less elsewhere in Europe etc.

Got to have a good season - if we're overpaying for the likes of Lascelles it's because that's the best we can attract right now.

Paying double the value of average players isn't a sustainable business model.

Lascelles would be a starting centre back if he came in, good strong imposing player, and just what we need

It's the going rate for premier tested players, we have a mountain of players to move on and I have seen some stupidly low valuations according to some on this site, we will also get " good money" for our departing players, stop flapping!

Last edited:
Looks like Ziyech going to Roma for 30M euro. Shame, as he was the one I hoped we'd try to sign. Payet lite with magic in his boots, the door unlocker we need.

Off the three i mentioned at the start of the summer.

Would still go after Lanzini myself.

Leko who i shouted out earlier has signed a new deal at WBA

Loftus Cheek looks like hes gained some traction.

Jags played well this season in a completely crap team, most consistent performer

Holgate I agree isn't a starting CB, I believe we need two, especially with Mori and Williams hopefully going

I think Holgate could easily start for us and over Christmas was one of our best players. He was very good against Liverpool’s front line at Goodison and had started to settle well looking to leading in the back 4. He’s got pace, he’s good on the ball, and he’s got a bit of snide about him. We should be giving players like this a chance rather than buying dross like Keane and Williams.

Off the three i mentioned at the start of the summer.

Would still go after Lanzini myself.

Leko who i shouted out earlier has signed a new deal at WBA

Loftus Cheek looks like hes gained some traction.

Lanzini is nowhere near good enough to play a club like ours imo. Take away his games v us (because if he'd be playing for us he wouldn't have that luxury) and his stats will be utterly dreadful.

Lanzini is nowhere near good enough to play a club like ours imo. Take away his games v us (because if he'd be playing for us he wouldn't have that luxury) and his stats will be utterly dreadful.

I would have to disagree mate, i think he has the potential to be absolutely world class. He can already carve open a PL defense and his headroom for development is huge. He has had a bad time with injuries and playing in a boom and bust WHU team, the lad will eventually end up at a top CL club. Ill be interested to see how he oes at the WC.

Just my opinion mind.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back