Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanzini is nowhere near good enough to play a club like ours imo. Take away his games v us (because if he'd be playing for us he wouldn't have that luxury) and his stats will be utterly dreadful.

'A club like ours'

Lad...

Lanzini starts for Argentina.

No, they aren't a footballing superpower, but he gets in the side despite some of the great forwards they have.

I'm not saying he's brilliant, but he's a good little player. Doesn't matter that the West Ham fans think he's Messi, he's still good.

He's definitely good enough for us as well, but, I don't think we're desperate for a player like him.

First and foremost we need a central midfielder who can add a bit of power to our play but also has the ability to get on the ball and pick a pass. We have Gylfi to play behind the striker, where he started to show once he got match fit he's more than capable of playing.

We need a centre-back and a left-back, and ideally another forward (imo, a player that can play as a wide forward so can cover a few roles).

Anything else is a bonus.

I am all for signing Lascelles for £30m. Leader, all-out defender and a threat from set-pieces.
Sell (or give away for free) Williams and one of Mori or Keane. Keane would still have a £20m+ market value, but I still think there is a player in there so would preferably keep and sell Mori.

Lascelles, Mori/Keane, Holgate, Jagielka + one more CB.

Lascellas has looked good this season, problem for me though is it's just like keane again

keane looked solid for a team who sit back/deep, come to us and looked awful

doesn't Rafael play the same sort of way burnley do? sit back and defend?

I am all for signing Lascelles for £30m. Leader, all-out defender and a threat from set-pieces.
Sell (or give away for free) Williams and one of Mori or Keane. Keane would still have a £20m+ market value, but I still think there is a player in there so would preferably keep and sell Mori.

Lascelles, Mori/Keane, Holgate, Jagielka + one more CB.

We haven't got European football.

We can't and won't (ideally) be going into the season with five cbs.

One quality CB in (I do like Lascelles) who can be the organiser in the back four. Keane (agree with you re. selling Mori over him) and Holgate fighting out for the other place.

Jagielka fourth choice.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Lascelles ???

Not a bad back line that providing we bring in a quality LB with pace.

I think its paper talk tbh but im not clued up on the available CB's out there this summer so if Brands /Silva want him I'll be happy with that.

Lascellas has looked good this season, problem for me though is it's just like keane again

keane looked solid for a team who sit back/deep, come to us and looked awful

doesn't Rafael play the same sort of way burnley do? sit back and defend?

Rafael seems to set his teams up depending on the opposition. They don’t always sit back.

We haven't got European football.

We can't and won't (ideally) be going into the season with five cbs.

One quality CB in (I do like Lascelles) who can be the organiser in the back four. Keane (agree with you re. selling Mori over him) and Holgate fighting out for the other place.

Jagielka fourth choice.
We almost certainly will, if only because of Williams injury.

What the hell happened with Galloway? Looked quality before his disastrous loans. Still only 22, surely he hasn't gone totally Rodwell??

Very little chance of signing Lascelles tbh. They would want a fortune, and can’t see the player agitating for a move.
I was reading that he was quite vocal about his upset at not being called up to the England squad. If he thought moving might improve his prospects then there's a conversation starter. We have a good track record of getting young players called up to the national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back