Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
'A club like ours'

Lad...

Lanzini starts for Argentina.

No, they aren't a footballing superpower, but he gets in the side despite some of the great forwards they have.

I'm not saying he's brilliant, but he's a good little player. Doesn't matter that the West Ham fans think he's Messi, he's still good.

He's definitely good enough for us as well, but, I don't think we're desperate for a player like him.

First and foremost we need a central midfielder who can add a bit of power to our play but also has the ability to get on the ball and pick a pass. We have Gylfi to play behind the striker, where he started to show once he got match fit he's more than capable of playing.

We need a centre-back and a left-back, and ideally another forward (imo, a player that can play as a wide forward so can cover a few roles).

Anything else is a bonus.

What I looked at said he'd never had a cap for Argentina, bloody sources.

Pickford
Lascelles - Holgate

Sign me up for a bit of that please and thank you

Stick Coleman one side and the Shakhtar left back the other and that would be a very decent back four for Silva's system.

5 signings would be enough for this squad to seriously push on, and looking at rumoured fees and players we will likely look to move on, very affordable too.

Dream scenario, Ismaily and Lozano signed up to utterly change the left side, Lascelles at centre back, Carvalho in the centre and any one of several more creative types centrally like ozyakup etc.

Funny think is if that 25m euro figure on Lozano is half true, Carvalho being available at a much reduced fee, ozyakup being in a free or knock down release clause, ismaily won't cost a fortune either, then lascelles would likely cost a decent amount the most of the lot...

What I looked at said he'd never had a cap for Argentina, bloody sources.

lol

He played and scored (a very good goal) against Italy at the Etihad back in March and has his fair share of caps mate.

Sampaoli likes him and he's likely to get a lot of gametime this World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back