Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lascelles is a good player, at a good age and possibly attainable however I thought we were wanting to avoid the purchase of Prem based players given the inflation.

If he did come in it may be a good move for us in the immediate.

I just feel more comfortable targetting younger players who are equipped to become awesome providing them the opportunity at a young age to develop their experience exposing them to the Prem.

Sarr
De Ligt

Other have been mentioned,
wether we can attract them is another matter, but I’m prepared to be patient provided we build a young talented team that can grow and help us leap frog teams above us - Eventually.

I was reading that he was quite vocal about his upset at not being called up to the England squad. If he thought moving might improve his prospects then there's a conversation starter. We have a good track record of getting young players called up to the national team.

Don’t see that tbh. There are players from Burnley, Palace, Leicester, West Brom and Stoke that have been given plenty of chances under Southgate. No reason he would look at our players more favourably than Newcastle’s.

I am all for signing Lascelles for £30m. Leader, all-out defender and a threat from set-pieces.
Sell (or give away for free) Williams and one of Mori or Keane. Keane would still have a £20m+ market value, but I still think there is a player in there so would preferably keep and sell Mori.

Lascelles, Mori/Keane, Holgate, Jagielka + one more CB.
Keane and Williams shouldn`t be anywhere near the team next season.

The reality is, that bar Coleman we need to buy a new defence.

Keane and Williams shouldn`t be anywhere near the team next season.

The reality is, that bar Coleman we need to buy a new defence.

Williams has one year left on his contract

If we sell him this summer, we need to recoup at least £4m for him otherwise we make an accounting loss on him which affects what we are allowed to spend elsewhere

In a way, it might be easier to just let his contract run down and let him leave for free next summer

If we sell him this summer, we need to recoup at least £4m for him otherwise we make an accounting loss on him which affects what we are allowed to spend elsewhere

In a way, it might be easier to just let his contract run down and let him leave for free next summer
Williams was a mistake.

Get shut however possible.

Hopefully someone like Cardiff may fancy him and Jagielka, for their " experience ".

We'd be saving like 75K a week, so we'd still be better off dumping him now for almost nothing for FFP or any sort of financial measurement.

'A club like ours'

Lad...

Lanzini starts for Argentina.

No, they aren't a footballing superpower, but he gets in the side despite some of the great forwards they have.

I'm not saying he's brilliant, but he's a good little player. Doesn't matter that the West Ham fans think he's Messi, he's still good.

He's definitely good enough for us as well, but, I don't think we're desperate for a player like him.

First and foremost we need a central midfielder who can add a bit of power to our play but also has the ability to get on the ball and pick a pass. We have Gylfi to play behind the striker, where he started to show once he got match fit he's more than capable of playing.

We need a centre-back and a left-back, and ideally another forward (imo, a player that can play as a wide forward so can cover a few roles).

Anything else is a bonus.

Yes I agree with all of that. I think Silva will go for a wide player or too as well. Only Lookman and Walcott are up to standard not sure you can count Vlasic as a winger, he would be better given games at ten

Williams was a mistake.

Hopefully someone like Cardiff may fancy him and Jagielka, for their " experience ".

A loan would probably make more sense tbh, highly unlikely we get rid of him in any other way this summer without negatively affecting what we can spend elsewhere

Bolasie is another example - we need to recoup at least £15m for him

Klaassen - we'd need to recoup almost £19m

Schneiderlin - the figure is £16m

All well and good everyone saying "get rid", but it's really difficult to sell these players without hugely impacting on what we are allowed to spend

Williams was a mistake.

I feel like his injury will make him slightly difficult to offload now.

One does not simply speedily recover from a punctured lung.

Keane though, I was pretty happy with towards the end of the season but he has real form issues.

Jags absolutely should not be anywhere near the starting 11 next season - if he is, we'll probably lose Pickford as he'll be sick of picking the ball out the back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back