Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to disagree mate, i think he has the potential to be absolutely world class. He can already carve open a PL defense and his headroom for development is huge. He has had a bad time with injuries and playing in a boom and bust WHU team, the lad will eventually end up at a top CL club. Ill be interested to see how he oes at the WC.

Just my opinion mind.

I just think there's plenty like him who we could get from abroad for so much less and probably younger with more end product. He's 25 already so I have doubts about how good he is if he still hasn't played for Argentina, when people say mori only plays for them because they're crap. Obviously their attackers are better than defenders, but if he was special he'd have had at least one cap.

Looking at his stats he seems to miss about ten games a season through injury.

I just think there's plenty like him who we could get from abroad for so much less and probably younger with more end product. He's 25 already so I have doubts about how good he is if he still hasn't played for Argentina, when people say mori only plays for them because they're crap. Obviously their attackers are better than defenders, but if he was special he'd have had at least one cap.

Looking at his stats he seems to miss about ten games a season through injury.

I rate him highly, i think he is going to break out and this is the summer to get him, central guile, creativity, vision and technical ability, he has been curtailed by injury and i think thats why his numbners have been low. Hes a joy to watch to be honest, very Artetaesqe. He has caps for Argentina mate, he is also in their squad for the world cup, when you look at some of the players they didnt take that is an achievement in itself.

This is the summer really, another year and the big boys will be circling.

He would be an absolute cult hero here.

Lascelles would be a very good buy. He’s a younger version of Jags but better in the air.
Get him in along with the young lad Konya from Charlton who’s being linked and is highly rated at youth level.

Lascelles as the lynchpin with Holgate, Konya and hopefully Lewis Gibson in a year or two coming through alongside him.

Ditch Williams and Jagielka straight away and whichever of Keane and Mori that Silva rates least.

whats the score with this konsa @ Charlton

been highly thought of for years but he's still there, why hasn't someone bought him yet?

I imagine he’ll go this summer. Can only imagine people were put off at the prices being asked for a youth player, but any sense of reasonability when it comes to fees is well out the window now.

whats the score with this konsa @ Charlton

been highly thought of for years but he's still there, why hasn't someone bought him yet?

..we’ve been strongly linked in recent windows, I recall reports suggesting we thought £5m was too much. I suppose many top flight teams want to sign ‘proven’ over ‘potential’.

Looks like Ziyech going to Roma for 30M euro. Shame, as he was the one I hoped we'd try to sign. Payet lite with magic in his boots, the door unlocker we need.

Hugely dissapointing if true
However i thought Roma were in trouble with the whole FFP thing hence shifting Salah and being open to bids for Allisson

I think Holgate could easily start for us and over Christmas was one of our best players. He was very good against Liverpool’s front line at Goodison and had started to settle well looking to leading in the back 4. He’s got pace, he’s good on the ball, and he’s got a bit of snide about him. We should be giving players like this a chance rather than buying dross like Keane and Williams.
Spot on, although he needs a " leader " alongside him and unfortunately they are the players that cost lots of money for the obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back