Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we thinking that they'll make a statement of intent with the first signing, it would certainly life the supporters.

I for one think the statement of intent was getting Brands, and to a (much) lesser extent, Silva in.

Or put it this way, every single footballer who leaves, or arrives, will be for a specific purpose. The polar opposite of a statement of intent.

I for one think the statement of intent was getting Brands, and to a (much) lesser extent, Silva in.

Or put it this way, every single footballer who leaves, or arrives, will be for a specific purpose. The polar opposite of a statement of intent.

Definitely agree with the Brands signing, I think he's hopefully the one who's going to sort us from the top to bottom, that does excite me.

I'm hoping the first signing, whilst agreeing it will be a part specifically designed for the role it will be employed to do, will also be a name that will excite everyone.

Definitely agree with the Brands signing, I think he's hopefully the one who's going to sort us from the top to bottom, that does excite me.

For all I know, it could be a 19 year old Latvian left back who turns into the next Roberto Carlos. Point I was making is that Brands wont be arsed being told he can drop £50m on some player, if he isnt what HE thinks we need. Or if dropping £50m compromises the wider picture, recruitment wise.

Oh yeah, I see what you mean, we will be buying what we need and not just splurging for the sake of it like last year. We finally look like we have a man who knows which direction he and his head coach need to be moving in.

Sounds like more outs than ins to me.

We definitely need a clearout, but we need a lot of quality too.

And to be fair, we need to see if Silva can get a better tune out of the current squad. Like, there are more than a few that have got some clog this season, who maybe might respond to his methods.

Despite what internet forums say, you dont get to play football in the PL without actually being pretty good at football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back