Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool would not sell Lallana (who Klopp loves) to Everton for £20m. In fact, they wouldn't sell him to Everton full stop.

He also wouldn't want to come.

So, file under never happening.
They have bought in 2 midfielders and also have that French guy coming in. Klopp only uses 3 midfielders. Lallana isn't going to get a game.

He's a bit of a tit but for a reported £12m I'd gamble on Shaqiri. Much better option than Bolasie who we could probably get £15m for

Agree entirely mate

Which is why I think we'll prioritise the signing of a big, physical and powerful player in the middle of the park over a silky playmaker type this window.

It's just a hunch, I could be wrong.

This is getting to be ridiculous Toff.

We demand a playmaker. How many more windows do we have to wait until we get the spinning, dancing, dropped shoulders, nutmegs, through balls, blammos and 52 assists in one season.

I want a playmaker by August 1st or I am taking up watching curling.

Oh I accept it will be difficult. Just pointing out how bad it is that we have so many players that contribute nothing at all.

Loans with us taking on wages seems the best we can hope for.

Sandro should be easy to offload for 5-10m if needed
Jags on a free
Morgan would find a prem club I think
Niasse is sellable now IMO
Rooney looks gone

The problem is players like bolasie , mirrallas, Williams that are crap and on big wages klassen also on decent money but I think we could sell him to someone in Italy or Spain.

Lookman ain't anywhere near Sessegnon, although he is decent himself and should be around our first team next season.

Imagine Sessegnon... ability to play anywhere down the left. Immense. Alas he'll end up at United or City.
Sessegnon is behind Lookman right now. The reason he stands out is his age. He's been playing in the championship since 16 and steadily improving. Lookman would have tore up that league last year possibly.

Sessegnon looked out of his depth on the 1 occasion he stepped up to the England U21s.

He'll probably become a top player but he's nowhere near yet. Neither is Lookman but he has over 2 years on him. Sessegnon is more advanced for his age though.

IMO there are a list of players we should be actively looking to offload (Bolasie, Williams, Besic, Martina, Garbutt, Mirallas - possibly Schneiderling too). Anyone else bar Coleman and Pickford (maybe also the Jan signings) you're not actively looking to sell, but you're not a closed shop to offers either.

He's a bit of a tit but for a reported £12m I'd gamble on Shaqiri. Much better option than Bolasie who we could probably get £15m for

For 12m he's good value as is Jonny evans . If we signed the Newcastle CB , evans and shaquiri and somehow managed to offload mori 9m Williams free, bolasie 15m and maybe get 15-20 for Keane. That would be a pretty solid upgrade for little expense.

They have bought in 2 midfielders and also have that French guy coming in. Klopp only uses 3 midfielders. Lallana isn't going to get a game.

I didn't say they wouldn't sell him...

They just won't sell him to us.

Plus he's injury prone, 30, and a tit. He's also not that good.

He'd also cost more than £20m if we went to buy him.

This is getting to be ridiculous Toff.

We demand a playmaker. How many more windows do we have to wait until we get the spinning, dancing, dropped shoulders, nutmegs, through balls, blammos and 52 assists in one season.

I want a playmaker by August 1st or I am taking up watching curling.
You wont see many nutmegs in curling mate. And if you try it in hurling you end up with a hockey stick wrapped around your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back