Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, I wouldn’t mind replacing Gueye with a better all-round player but especially someone whose a better passer.

Willy C - Gueye replacement
Lookman/New winger - Gylfi - Walcott
Tosun/Niasse/New ST

Few good strikers bouncing around atm C, current market prices though, be very tempted to try loan before you buy as get it wrong it's a nice 30-40m spunked down the drain.

Silva at Milan, or even the likes of Hernandez etc who've had a poor move and may be available but who are on good wedge etc.

Few good strikers bouncing around atm C, current market prices though, be very tempted to try loan before you buy as get it wrong it's a nice 30-40m spunked down the drain.

Silva at Milan, or even the likes of Hernandez etc who've had a poor move and may be available but who are on good wedge etc.

To be so very cliche, I’d look at Dost at Sporting - if they all get their way and they’re free to leave. He could do well and he’d be less of a risk than say an Andre Silva.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sandro given a chance either.

Really hope the club is working on getting Bolasie, Rooney, Williams, Martina, Besic, Klaassen and Sandro out asap.

They will be. Rooney, besic and Sandro will be easy and most likely nearly done (unless silva wants any of them). But rooney won’t be far off agreeing with DC, besic will be an option for a newly promoted team, or even Huddersfield/Brighton, or championship again. Sandro will have offers from Spain no doubt.

The others may be more difficult. Klaasen will likely be a loan imo. Williams and Martina will be nominal fees if they find anyone willing. And Bolasie we may struggle to get rid of unless palace want him back.

To be so very cliche, I’d look at Dost at Sporting - if they all get their way and they’re free to leave. He could do well and he’d be less of a risk than say an Andre Silva.

you sure? that slimani who Leicester paid good money for was absolutely smashing them in at sporting, and he's not been very good for Leicester

Gomes is okay. If he could recover his Valencia form he'd be a superb signing.

Thing is, though, is he isn't really the box-to-box powerhouse that Silva likes to have in his team.

Neither is Carvalho, tbf, although he would offer the physical presence we lack in the middle of the park.

Thing is mate, we are unlikely to get the perfect set if players all together this summer without a massive incoming load of players, seems both in charge realise we can't do that two seasons in a row, and this we will look at trying to reverse last season's mistakes, shipping off dead wood or ones which don't fit the system going forward, and we will add quality where we are able too without adding too many new faces again all at once.

Can see double the number leaving of senior pros to that arriving minimum.

Niasse, Williams, Schneiderlin, Besic, Mirallas, Martina, Rooney, Jagielka (maybe), Mori or Keane.

Klassen, Sandro, Vlasic, all possible too.

Send Sandro to Celta Vigo and get Maxi Gomez.

Easy.

..I think whoever we sign will be an indication of the way we want to play. Dost doesn’t look the rapid, dynamic type. It might reflect us wanting to get the ball wide and into the box for a tall, rangy finisher. I think we have a decent finisher already in Tosun.

Thing is mate, we are unlikely to get the perfect set if players all together this summer without a massive incoming load of players, seems both in charge realise we can't do that two seasons in a row, and this we will look at trying to reverse last season's mistakes, shipping off dead wood or ones which don't fit the system going forward, and we will add quality where we are able too without adding too many new faces again all at once.

Can see double the number leaving of senior pros to that arriving minimum.

Niasse, Williams, Schneiderlin, Besic, Mirallas, Martina, Rooney, Jagielka (maybe), Mori or Keane.

Klassen, Sandro, Vlasic, all possible too.

Agree entirely mate

Which is why I think we'll prioritise the signing of a big, physical and powerful player in the middle of the park over a silky playmaker type this window.

It's just a hunch, I could be wrong.

I want some players born in the 90s C.

Agreed. But not a gang of tits. Good kids with clear heads on their shoulders.

And not Robbo heads either.

you sure? that slimani who Leicester paid good money for was absolutely smashing them in at sporting, and he's not been very good for Leicester

Wouldn't spend good money on him, that's why I added the caveat if they're allowed to leave for free as is a possibility.

Could be available for cheap. Could be a worthwhile punt.

Only on a free. He's old and not much more than a poacher.

Not worth spending any real cheese on Dost

This.

Send Sandro to Celta Vigo and get Maxi Gomez.

Easy.

Stop playing FM please P.

..I think whoever we sign will be an indication of the way we want to play. Dost doesn’t look the rapid, dynamic type. It might reflect us wanting to get the ball wide and into the box for a tall, rangy finisher. I think we have a decent finisher already in Tosun.

Yeah, this.

Silva seems like he likes to have at least one brute though. Remains to be seen if he views Tosun as that.

I've read some rumours over here about Andre Gomes getting loaned out to us or Napoli I think.

He has had a bit of a nightmare at Barca. From very early on he wasn't shaking the nerves off and getting on with it that you see in most new players at the club. He started to make simple errors. Inexplicably weak and easily nudged off the ball, like a Portuguese Osman. I'd say only a few months in and the crowd had their mind made up. You could hear the annoyance and disbelief around the stadium when he messed up, or just when he did very little.....like taking an easy pass option when there was a chance to break the line and push forward. When he was subbed in it was more obvious as there would be groans from many in the crowd. The old guy beside me would react like Gomes had killed his family and defecated in his match-day sandwich.

He was just considered a weak and average footballer that should never have been signed in the first place. Until he did an interview this season and it seemed to be inferred he was dealing with anxiety and depression. As Sid Lowe explains in this article the reaction to him since the interview has been positive, you could hear it clearly in the next game.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish-...t-barcelona-met-with-warm-reception-from-fans

He looked tidy and solid for Valencia and Portugal and capable of some great passing from deep, but that has vanished 100% at Barca and you'd have to think he wouldn't be able to cope with the lack of patience shown to the players at Goodison. Even as a loan I don't think he is a good fit for the current situation at the club. Maybe if we were on the up in a seasons time and he was coming in to a positive place.

I'll go back to work now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back