Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..i’m full of dark rum and ginger but I think today is Sunday, and here’s a round-up of this morning’s transfer rumours;

- The Mirror report Wayne Rooney has moved closer to joining D.C.United after visiting the US Consulate in Belfast to sort out his work visa.

- The Mirror also say Everton are looking to offer Victor Lindelof a way out of Old Trafford after a difficult first season. Marco Silva wants the Swedish international defender and Everton are willing to pay £35m for his services.

- ToffeeWeb quote Marcel Brands as keen to make Ademola Lookman a prominent part of Everton’s first team plans next season: “I can be clear in that because I know the player very well. He was on my list (of targets) at PSV. He is a very talented player and I think he has to be moved up next season (to the first team)”.

- The Liverpool Echo report Brands as saying he wants to avoid the transfer mayhem of last season and is keen for Everton’s youth Academy to play a prominent role in future transfer planning.

- SoccerSouls website continues to link Everton and Brighton with young Charlton Centre Back, Ezri Konsa.

- The Yorkshire Evening Post suggest Everton defender, Matthew Pennington, might be available for Leeds despite him signing a new contract with The Toffees. The Mirror says Pennington is attracting interest from Championship clubs amidst a major clear-out at Everton.

- Turkish TV Channel, A Spor, confirm that Besiktas are very close to completing the transfer of Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. Besiktas are set to pay a €3m loan fee over 2 seasons but the redemption clause at the end of the loan deal is yet to be agreed. Everton apparently want €20m to make the deal permanent but Besiktas are looking for less than that.

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton, Leicester and Newcastle United are keen to take Manchester United forward, Marcus Rashford, on loan next season.

- The Daily Mail also suggest Everton and Fulham are the latest sides showing interest in Toulouse defender, Issa Diop. The 21 year old has racked up 85 appearances for the Ligue 1 side and has been capped 5 times by France at U21 level. A bid of £26m would be enough to prize Diop away from the Stadium Municipal.

- ThisisFutball website report Everton Academy striker, Calum Dyson, is on the verge of joining Plymouth Argyle after failing to make the grade at Goodison.

Eggscellent work

View attachment 47023

Welcome to another edition of Eggs News with me Elton Welsby.

The Echo report on Marcel Brands’ role with detail of his long term plans to restructure Everton.

According to ESPN we are linked with Victor Lindelof.

Echo run an article showcasing designs of what our new Waterfront stadium may look like, the designs were created by students.

Season ticket holder Gareth Halsall is interviewed by the Echo and shares his optimism about the recent changes at the club.

A Spor announce the Besiktas deal to sign Davy Klaassen is almost done. Apparently Cenk Tosun “brokered” the deal obtaining a €3m per annum fee for two years. Wage contribution isn’t disclosed.

Sky report on a game involving our own as Kenny, Connelly & Dowell represented England U21 in International action last night.

Mexico U21 - 1
England U21- 2

Dowell scored the winner with a calm finish from 10 yards out.

Twitters @SidelineScouted state that Brands has confirmed Lookman will be a first teamer this season and had interest in him whilst at PSV.

Cenk Tosun celebrated his birthday and Cake Boss obliged with a wonderful sculpture to bring a tear to Cenks eye.
View attachment 47025

Marcel Brands on Davy Klaassen: “I can only tell you from when he played in Holland. He was a very good player. He was the captain of Ajax, a clever player, a good goalscorer, but last season, there were players in his position, so it was very difficult.” (Source: Liverpool Echo)

Not much actual transfer news, hoping Eggs is having more fun. x

Great effort my man but I think Eggs retains his place in the first team

..i’m full of dark rum and ginger but I think today is Sunday, and here’s a round-up of this morning’s transfer rumours;

- The Mirror report Wayne Rooney has moved closer to joining D.C.United after visiting the US Consulate in Belfast to sort out his work visa.

- The Mirror also say Everton are looking to offer Victor Lindelof a way out of Old Trafford after a difficult first season. Marco Silva wants the Swedish international defender and Everton are willing to pay £35m for his services.

- ToffeeWeb quote Marcel Brands as keen to make Ademola Lookman a prominent part of Everton’s first team plans next season: “I can be clear in that because I know the player very well. He was on my list (of targets) at PSV. He is a very talented player and I think he has to be moved up next season (to the first team)”.

- The Liverpool Echo report Brands as saying he wants to avoid the transfer mayhem of last season and is keen for Everton’s youth Academy to play a prominent role in future transfer planning.

- SoccerSouls website continues to link Everton and Brighton with young Charlton Centre Back, Ezri Konsa.

- The Yorkshire Evening Post suggest Everton defender, Matthew Pennington, might be available for Leeds despite him signing a new contract with The Toffees. The Mirror says Pennington is attracting interest from Championship clubs amidst a major clear-out at Everton.

- Turkish TV Channel, A Spor, confirm that Besiktas are very close to completing the transfer of Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. Besiktas are set to pay a €3m loan fee over 2 seasons but the redemption clause at the end of the loan deal is yet to be agreed. Everton apparently want €20m to make the deal permanent but Besiktas are looking for less than that.

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton, Leicester and Newcastle United are keen to take Manchester United forward, Marcus Rashford, on loan next season.

- The Daily Mail also suggest Everton and Fulham are the latest sides showing interest in Toulouse defender, Issa Diop. The 21 year old has racked up 85 appearances for the Ligue 1 side and has been capped 5 times by France at U21 level. A bid of £26m would be enough to prize Diop away from the Stadium Municipal.

- ThisisFutball website report Everton Academy striker, Calum Dyson, is on the verge of joining Plymouth Argyle after failing to make the grade at Goodison.

No cake photos SACK THIS GUY NOW

View attachment 47023

Welcome to another edition of Eggs News with me Elton Welsby.

The Echo report on Marcel Brands’ role with detail of his long term plans to restructure Everton.

According to ESPN we are linked with Victor Lindelof.

Echo run an article showcasing designs of what our new Waterfront stadium may look like, the designs were created by students.

Season ticket holder Gareth Halsall is interviewed by the Echo and shares his optimism about the recent changes at the club.

A Spor announce the Besiktas deal to sign Davy Klaassen is almost done. Apparently Cenk Tosun “brokered” the deal obtaining a €3m per annum fee for two years. Wage contribution isn’t disclosed.

Sky report on a game involving our own as Kenny, Connelly & Dowell represented England U21 in International action last night.

Mexico U21 - 1
England U21- 2

Dowell scored the winner with a calm finish from 10 yards out.

Twitters @SidelineScouted state that Brands has confirmed Lookman will be a first teamer this season and had interest in him whilst at PSV.

Cenk Tosun celebrated his birthday and Cake Boss obliged with a wonderful sculpture to bring a tear to Cenks eye.
View attachment 47025

Marcel Brands on Davy Klaassen: “I can only tell you from when he played in Holland. He was a very good player. He was the captain of Ajax, a clever player, a good goalscorer, but last season, there were players in his position, so it was very difficult.” (Source: Liverpool Echo)

Not much actual transfer news, hoping Eggs is having more fun. x
Roger Welsby,Roger;)lol

Personnel wise, We have to have a couple of CBs that can pass the ball. Lindelof can do that a bit. He has looked good Sweden’s recent friendlies. How bout a swap for Keane? Didn’t Man U express interest last summer?

And what would United do with keane
image.webp

If Lindelof played like Benfica and Sweden, sure.

Plays like he’s played in the PL? No thank you.

I’ve not seen much of him, but I do recall a time players were afforded time to settle into the Prem.

Too early to write-off Keane also, he’s performed in the league. Last season everyone was poor the changes to managers, formations and lack of consistent defensive partnerships took their toll and hit the confidence of all in the team.

I get the impression we have yet to decide where we will be strengthening from the latest Marcel Echo piece. He seems as though he wants to evaluate what we have and then go from there.

I can’t see us signing anyone until after 2 July, personally. x

Last edited:
The cake photo brings them neck and neck.

Glad that Lookman is being acknowledged.

We do need a centre-back but I'm not sure Lindelof is a bargain at 35m - how does your price inflate from a crap year in the PL ? Perhaps we could learn a thing or two from Utd there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back