Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personnel wise, We have to have a couple of CBs that can pass the ball. Lindelof can do that a bit. He has looked good Sweden’s recent friendlies. How bout a swap for Keane? Didn’t Man U express interest last summer?
I’ve watched a lot of United games this season (nephew is a Man U fan:red:) think I’d rather keep Keane to be honest. Lindelof, in the handful of games I’ve seen him play, looks a woeful footballer and a liability at the back (n) wasn’t part of the reason we brought Brands in because of his scouting network?...... hopefully this is just paper talk, coz this sounds like a very Walsh like move :coffee:

My 3 signings:

Daley Blind (£10m)
Goncalo Guedes (£40m)
Abdou Diallo (£25m)

Blind and Diallo can both play left back and centre back
Blind can play deep lying midfielder
Guedes can play in a front 3 in any role

Team

Pickford
Coleman Keane Diallo Baines
Blind Gueye
Sigurdsson
Walcott Guedes Lookman

If we had extra money for another player top priority would be midfield for a Gueye upgrade.
Sandro to be given a chance in a 4-3-3 as he could potentially be a really good option. Fast, skillful.
Dowell/Davies/Beni/Vlasic to provide back up.
Tosun to rotate with front 3 if we need more of a focal point
Niasse if we need a chaos option.

Schneiderlin/Klaasen gone. Decent players but I don't see how they'd fit.

If we're looking at United CB's the only one we should be after is Eric Bailly, incomprehensibly Mourinho seemed to prefer Jones and Smalling for the latter part of the season. He even gave more game time to Rojo than Bailly towards the end of the year. With United being in for Alderweireld it seems like one of their defenders may be on their way out.

The cake photo brings them neck and neck.

Glad that Lookman is being acknowledged.

We do need a centre-back but I'm not sure Lindelof is a bargain at 35m - how does your price inflate from a crap year in the PL ? Perhaps we could learn a thing or two from Utd there.
I dunno but Sandro and Klassen must be worth a King's ransom using that rationale.

If we're looking at United CB's the only one we should be after is Eric Bailly, incomprehensibly Mourinho seemed to prefer Jones and Smalling for the latter part of the season. He even gave more game time to Rojo than Bailly towards the end of the year. With United being in for Alderweireld it seems like one of their defenders may be on their way out.

Yep 100% would love Bailly here.

My 3 signings:

Daley Blind (£10m)
Goncalo Guedes (£40m)
Abdou Diallo (£25m)

Blind and Diallo can both play left back and centre back
Blind can play deep lying midfielder
Guedes can play in a front 3 in any role

Team

Pickford
Coleman Keane Diallo Baines
Blind Gueye
Sigurdsson
Walcott Guedes Lookman

If we had extra money for another player top priority would be midfield for a Gueye upgrade.
Sandro to be given a chance in a 4-3-3 as he could potentially be a really good option. Fast, skillful.
Dowell/Davies/Beni/Vlasic to provide back up.
Tosun to rotate with front 3 if we need more of a focal point
Niasse if we need a chaos option.

Schneiderlin/Klaasen gone. Decent players but I don't see how they'd fit.

Guedes going Valencia.

Let’s hope they do, I would love us to be further along in that respect, but just going from the Brands comments he’s said they are going to review the squad this week.

Perhaps it’s just a meeting between Marco & Marcel - Hopefully it’s informing players their role/that they have no part in the future and need to look for a move.

And I guess there'll be players like Klaassen and Vlasic whom they won't have had a chance to assess because they barely played, as well as players who couldn't flourish under Koeman and Allardyce due to lack of coaching. I certainly think Tom Davies has suffered in that respect, and there'll be others, too. There'll be some no-brainers, like Williams and Martina, of course. The main discussion should be on departures. The gaps in the squad should be clear.

Funny how football works.

We'd all be delighted if we were signing Grzegorz Krychowiak from PSG or Sevilla. In fact when we were linked it was dismissed as unrealistic as he was far too good for the likes of us.

Now after a season at WBA everyone would say he is useless and not PL ready.

On paper he'd be another cheap (£10m which seems to be cheap now) option for the deep lying playmaker role.

And I guess there'll be players like Klaassen and Vlasic whom they won't have had a chance to assess because they barely played, as well as players who couldn't flourish under Koeman and Allardyce due to lack of coaching. I certainly think Tom Davies has suffered in that respect, and there'll be others, too. There'll be some no-brainers, like Williams and Martina, of course. The main discussion should be on departures. The gaps in the squad should be clear.

Exactly it may be obvious to us who stays and goes, but they are a fresh set of eyes on the whole squad. Certainly think we will be surprised by the exclusion of a particular player who previously didn’t flourish and likewise a player we actually like may be thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back