Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Morgan Schneiderfraud

Glad we cleared that up
didn't Higuain flop at Real Madrid aswell? Such a flop now isn't he.
Tbf the amount of stick Morgan got this season I'm not surprised he wants to leave, each year we have a boo boy, time to stop the moaning and get behind the team.

This is the thing for me though, we're not getting rid of kean and he is going to be one of our starting center backs this season. So who ever we get in has to complement kean.

We need a fast, strong, leader type center back someone who can call the shots in the back line. Only problem is their hard to come by.

Why is Keane goin to be a starting centre back next season?

Played well enough at Sevilla for me to want to take a gamble on him. Feel he would add more to the squad than Schneiderlin given he is more mobile.

Playing for West Brom you aren’t going to have the freedom to play the same way he’d have done at Sevilla. Unsure what happened to him at PSG, but would feel happy if he arrived and got his head down if he would fit in this new attacking system - means little he didn’t thrive in the West Brom setup as they didn’t play how we will.

He's exactly the same player as Schneiderlin though. There'd be absolutely no point in the move - we might as well just keep Schneiderlin.

Somebody like Carvalho adds more power and physicality.

Linked with Marcus rashford today. Oh god yes please.

But apparently we are only interested in a loan but man u want to sell him outright

What the heck are we thinking!? Buy him! Turning him down for this reason would have been the sort of thing that our management team would have done last year.

My main concern with if we go big for a young centre back is that they've all failed to nail down a starting spot in the prem. If we think of City with mangala and stones, United with bailly and lindelof, sanchez at spurs in some regard.

They've ask come in work a massive and rep and looked like bad value for money. The whole point in buying youth should be that they're a lot cheaper than buying the finished article.

My main concern with if we go big for a young centre back is that they've all failed to nail down a starting spot in the prem. If we think of City with mangala and stones, United with bailly and lindelof, sanchez at spurs in some regard.

They've ask come in work a massive and rep and looked like bad value for money. The whole point in buying youth should be that they're a lot cheaper than buying the finished article.

Not to nitpick for the sake of it but Stones (70 games in 2 seasons) and Sanchez (41 games for Spurs) have pretty much been regulars. Only really missing out when injured.

Not sure on youths should be cheaper, they have longer careers and resale value. Sanchez ar £40m for a 21 year old is better than £40m for Bonucci even though Bonucci is currently superior. He won't be in 3 years time.

?? Sanchez has been good for Spurs

Linked with Marcus rashford today. Oh god yes please.

But apparently we are only interested in a loan but man u want to sell him outright

What the heck are we thinking!? Buy him! Turning him down for this reason would have been the sort of thing that our management team would have done last year.

I doubt they are selling him. Or even loaning him tbh.

He's exactly the same player as Schneiderlin though. There'd be absolutely no point in the move - we might as well just keep Schneiderlin.

Somebody like Carvalho adds more power and physicality.

If a player can add more to the team - consistency wise I am all for it, even if we have a player who is similar.

He’s not linked so it’s a non story anyway, but I feel he would add something Schneiderlin fails to, even if similar. If we sold Schneiderlin we could do a lot worse than him.

In any case, I hope Marcel can attract a better level of player.

Man United won’t sell Rashford and I can’t see them loaning either. In a situation where they are mad enough to entertain the idea they would just throw in a buyback clause.

Be interesting to see what promising youngsters at clubs not getting game time have agents offering them to us looks like, but I doubt Rashford is on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back