Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't Higuain flop at Real Madrid aswell? Such a flop now isn't he.
Tbf the amount of stick Morgan got this season I'm not surprised he wants to leave, each year we have a boo boy, time to stop the moaning and get behind the team.

We have a boo squad. Rooney was top goal scorer, and deemed not good enough, bolasie was rushed back from injury too soon, no preseason and inderstandably didn’t set the world alight, chastised on here. Gana is now not good enough, apparently was a world beater last season, Barkley was a diamond then practically chased out. teenagers like Tom Davies and dcl are criticised. Not Even 20 goal a season lukaku or John stones were immune.
It’s why we don’t have nice things.

I’m not saying we should be like cult across the park, but we should be like whiney old women. We need to find a little more positivity with players.
We at danger of being a club where players think twice about coming because of the support... like WHU

We have a boo squad. Rooney was top goal scorer, and deemed not good enough, bolasie was rushed back from injury too soon, no preseason and inderstandably didn’t set the world alight, chastised on here. Gana is now not good enough, apparently was a world beater last season, Barkley was a diamond then practically chased out. teenagers like Tom Davies and dcl are criticised. Not Even 20 goal a season lukaku or John stones were immune.
It’s why we don’t have nice things.

I’m not saying we should be like cult across the park, but we should be like whiney old women. We need to find a little more positivity with players.
We at danger of being a club where players think twice about coming because of the support... like WHU
When you have a top scorer who gets 11 goals and none since January, I think you have a right to boo the team.

Maybe we all have to remember that the goal for next season may not be Champions league. Frankly if we can permanently banish any and all talk of relegation, make every game a potential win, play some good football, and secure European qualification, then that would be a major win for the club. The word stability seems the one most often used by the new regime and suits a club building a new stadium and recovering from a 3 manager season.
We will have time and opportunity to sign even better players next summer with the promise of that European football and maintaining a bigger squad, but right now we should focus on (re)building a squad that delivers those ambitious goals for 2018/19. Creating a system of play, a framework in the club top to bottom, and a mentality of winning games are all important. Not signing potential short term world class players for 1-2 seasons tops. That’s why Sir Wayne can go. Obviously Williams, Mori, Miralas, Bolasie and possibly even Oumar are surplus under that plan too. Jags may go but only to make room for Seamus as Captain.
Silva’s job is to forge the remainder of the talent into a team that can deliver those first paragraph goals. So unless they want out, I can’t see them pushing the Schneiderlin, Keane, Gana, Klassen’s out as they have a great potential to bring something to the table in the next 10 months.
Yes I am sure Marcel and Marco have been looking at the video’s of last season with an eye to assessment but I think they need to look at the players that didn’t play much or were out on loan and think about how all these players fit into the system they want for next year.
We brought these guys in to analyze, develop a plan, and execute it - not to do a Koemaggedon, ‘Walsh in an Italian wine bar’ inspired drunken-sailor-spend-fest on every player whose name gets on the back page of a tabloid or who didn’t meet fan expectations at their current club.
There are very few players we have been linked with that we should realistically be after, who fit the mould mentioned above. Perhaps the Willy C interest is insurance against Schneiderlin wanting to go. The Lascelles option looked good but he would only come with a path to Captain (see Seamus above) and finally the Maddison deal might be interesting if M&M think Vlassic or Dowell are not going to be able to fill in for a potentially injured Sigurdsson.
We can all be amused by the hacks and their desire to be filling column inches but we should trust the new leadership to focus on filling key positions and preparing for July 2nd and pre-season.
Apologies - Sunday Rant!

Maybe we all have to remember that the goal for next season may not be Champions league. Frankly if we can permanently banish any and all talk of relegation, make every game a potential win, play some good football, and secure European qualification, then that would be a major win for the club. The word stability seems the one most often used by the new regime and suits a club building a new stadium and recovering from a 3 manager season.
We will have time and opportunity to sign even better players next summer with the promise of that European football and maintaining a bigger squad, but right now we should focus on (re)building a squad that delivers those ambitious goals for 2018/19. Creating a system of play, a framework in the club top to bottom, and a mentality of winning games are all important. Not signing potential short term world class players for 1-2 seasons tops. That’s why Sir Wayne can go. Obviously Williams, Mori, Miralas, Bolasie and possibly even Oumar are surplus under that plan too. Jags may go but only to make room for Seamus as Captain.
Silva’s job is to forge the remainder of the talent into a team that can deliver those first paragraph goals. So unless they want out, I can’t see them pushing the Schneiderlin, Keane, Gana, Klassen’s out as they have a great potential to bring something to the table in the next 10 months.
Yes I am sure Marcel and Marco have been looking at the video’s of last season with an eye to assessment but I think they need to look at the players that didn’t play much or were out on loan and think about how all these players fit into the system they want for next year.
We brought these guys in to analyze, develop a plan, and execute it - not to do a Koemaggedon, ‘Walsh in an Italian wine bar’ inspired drunken-sailor-spend-fest on every player whose name gets on the back page of a tabloid or who didn’t meet fan expectations at their current club.
There are very few players we have been linked with that we should realistically be after, who fit the mould mentioned above. Perhaps the Willy C interest is insurance against Schneiderlin wanting to go. The Lascelles option looked good but he would only come with a path to Captain (see Seamus above) and finally the Maddison deal might be interesting if M&M think Vlassic or Dowell are not going to be able to fill in for a potentially injured Sigurdsson.
We can all be amused by the hacks and their desire to be filling column inches but we should trust the new leadership to focus on filling key positions and preparing for July 2nd and pre-season.
Apologies - Sunday Rant!

Oumar is NOT surplus to requirements, especially if you want to develop a winning mentality, he was often the only one who even looked like he cared about winning. (Don’t mean to sound aggressive, I just love my boy Oumar)

The rest I pretty much agree with.

Last edited:
For me Rashford would be my number one target this window if the price was right. Think in a 4-3-3 he would be a great signing.

Siggurdsson

Walcott Tosun Rashford

That front 3 with Gyfi behind and Coleman and hopefully a top quality new LB bombing down the wings will easily be the best attacking line up outside the top 6 - especially once Mahrez likely leaves Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back