Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked with Marcus rashford today. Oh god yes please.

But apparently we are only interested in a loan but man u want to sell him outright

What the heck are we thinking!? Buy him! Turning him down for this reason would have been the sort of thing that our management team would have done last year.
Absolutely.

Problem being is how much United would want for a 20 year full England international?

Probably crazy money around what they paid for Lukaku I reckon.

Why is Keane goin to be a starting centre back next season?

Do you think were going to get two new first choice center backs? Because I don't.

We need to bring in quality players this season for specific positions. What we need is a left sided center back, a left back, a center mid and a winger. We already spent 25 million on our right sided center back and i cant see us splashing more on another onr. jags can't play there all season as he's shown over the last two season's and as much as I do like holgate I can't see him being a starter next season over kean.

Do you think were going to get two new first choice center backs? Because I don't.

We need to bring in quality players this season for specific positions. What we need is a left sided center back, a left back, a center mid and a winger. We already spent 25 million on our right sided center back and i cant see us splashing more on another onr. jags can't play there all season as he's shown over the last two season's and as much as I do like holgate I can't see him being a starter next season over kean.

No we won't get 2 but I'd have Keane as 4th choice behind new centre back, holgate and jagielka. The fella is complete dung

Think we've missed a trick with Jonny evans to be honest,at that fee he would have been a younger version of jags I think,knows the premier league and probably would have jumped at the chance to move back to the north west,although not a stunning signing would have been a good squad addition I feel.

People need to stop believing what newspapers say.

Every year papers come out with stuff like the Rashford thing and people get all hard over it.

Just think about it for a second.

You can always tell the guff by who else they link the player with. Its always the same group of about 4 teams that the media presume are the closest to each other in the attracting player stakes.
I bet i could find 10 players we are linked with who are also linked to leicester, west ham and southampton

We are never going to sign the likes of Rashford and Bailly unfortunately, even Lindelof would be tough to sign.

when was the last time we managed to buy a player off of a top club that they weren't actively trying to sell?

Funny how football works.

We'd all be delighted if we were signing Grzegorz Krychowiak from PSG or Sevilla. In fact when we were linked it was dismissed as unrealistic as he was far too good for the likes of us.

Now after a season at WBA everyone would say he is useless and not PL ready.

On paper he'd be another cheap (£10m which seems to be cheap now) option for the deep lying playmaker role.

Whenever I saw him I thought he was a class above the rest of the WBA Team

Think we've missed a trick with Jonny evans to be honest,at that fee he would have been a younger version of jags I think,knows the premier league and probably would have jumped at the chance to move back to the north west,although not a stunning signing would have been a good squad addition I feel.

Yeah I said the same, ship of jags and Williams and bring him in as the bit of experience we'd need. We'd have made a profit in wages and in transfer fee whilst actually upgrading. But the fee would have been a lot above £3.5m,i know there were rumours of a vast agent fee, if the deal actually came to about £10m it's a lot less appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back