Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not seen much of him, but I do recall a time players were afforded time to settle into the Prem.

Too early to write-off Keane also, he’s performed in the league. Last season everyone was poor the changes to managers, formations and lack of consistent defensive partnerships took their toll and hit the confidence of all in the team.

I get the impression we have yet to decide where we will be strengthening from the latest Marcel Echo piece. He seems as though he wants to evaluate what we have and then go from there.

I can’t see us signing anyone until after 2 July, personally. x

That in itself is vwry concerning.

Even taking Lookman and Keanes credentials for RCB and LM into consideration Brands and Silva surely must see LCB and LB are vital areas that need strengthening.

As each day passes by im less amd less confident that the club will do anything of note this window.

..i’m full of dark rum and ginger but I think today is Sunday, and here’s a round-up of this morning’s transfer rumours;

- The Mirror report Wayne Rooney has moved closer to joining D.C.United after visiting the US Consulate in Belfast to sort out his work visa.

- The Mirror also say Everton are looking to offer Victor Lindelof a way out of Old Trafford after a difficult first season. Marco Silva wants the Swedish international defender and Everton are willing to pay £35m for his services.

- ToffeeWeb quote Marcel Brands as keen to make Ademola Lookman a prominent part of Everton’s first team plans next season: “I can be clear in that because I know the player very well. He was on my list (of targets) at PSV. He is a very talented player and I think he has to be moved up next season (to the first team)”.

- The Liverpool Echo report Brands as saying he wants to avoid the transfer mayhem of last season and is keen for Everton’s youth Academy to play a prominent role in future transfer planning.

- SoccerSouls website continues to link Everton and Brighton with young Charlton Centre Back, Ezri Konsa.

- The Yorkshire Evening Post suggest Everton defender, Matthew Pennington, might be available for Leeds despite him signing a new contract with The Toffees. The Mirror says Pennington is attracting interest from Championship clubs amidst a major clear-out at Everton.

- Turkish TV Channel, A Spor, confirm that Besiktas are very close to completing the transfer of Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. Besiktas are set to pay a €3m loan fee over 2 seasons but the redemption clause at the end of the loan deal is yet to be agreed. Everton apparently want €20m to make the deal permanent but Besiktas are looking for less than that.

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton, Leicester and Newcastle United are keen to take Manchester United forward, Marcus Rashford, on loan next season.

- The Daily Mail also suggest Everton and Fulham are the latest sides showing interest in Toulouse defender, Issa Diop. The 21 year old has racked up 85 appearances for the Ligue 1 side and has been capped 5 times by France at U21 level. A bid of £26m would be enough to prize Diop away from the Stadium Municipal.

- ThisisFutball website report Everton Academy striker, Calum Dyson, is on the verge of joining Plymouth Argyle after failing to make the grade at Goodison.

3M Euros over two seasons for a loan for Klassen! These Turkish clubs really take the mick with these loan deals. We may as well pull our pants down and bend over

I’ve not seen much of him, but I do recall a time players were afforded time to settle into the Prem.

Too early to write-off Keane also, he’s performed in the league. Last season everyone was poor the changes to managers, formations and lack of consistent defensive partnerships took their toll and hit the confidence of all in the team.

I get the impression we have yet to decide where we will be strengthening from the latest Marcel Echo piece. He seems as though he wants to evaluate what we have and then go from there.

I can’t see us signing anyone until after 2 July, personally. x

Brands has said that he's been in contact with Kenwright and Moshiri off and on since the first approach two years ago. Silva must have been aware that we'd come back for him once the season was over. While it would be just like Everton not to prepare the ground, I'd be surprised if the two of them haven't been evaluating the squad for a few months at least, albeit from a distance. We should have a clear idea now of what and who we want. Brands, especially, seems thorough and professional enough to have done a good deal of groundwork.

That in itself is vwry concerning.

Even taking Lookman and Keanes credentials for RCB and LM into consideration Brands and Silva surely must see LCB and LB are vital areas that need strengthening.

As each day passes by im less amd less confident that the club will do anything of note this window.

I expect we will do business in those areas you mention, I just think a few feel we will sort it all out in one window. We are likely to only add first teamers to the squad this season. I would hope and expect the LCB, LB and a winger to be added to the 11.

Central midfield is an area I would hope we will address also, I just feel they will deliberate over who goes first before adding. Carvalho looks like it will happen, but not until the WC is over. We could be shocked and see Gueye sold. It’s certainly going to be well considered who fits the system before incomings.

Lozano who I hope we bring is also at the WC. Left back and LCB options are unknown but I feel they may be looking at what we have and seeing how they fit the new system before going wild and simply just signing players like last window.

Brands has said that he's been in contact with Kenwright and Moshiri off and on since the first approach two years ago. Silva must have been aware that we'd come back for him once the season was over. While it would be just like Everton not to prepare the ground, I'd be surprised if the two of them haven't been evaluating the squad for a few months at least, albeit from a distance. We should have a clear idea now of what and who we want. Brands, especially, seems thorough and professional enough to have done a good deal of groundwork.

Let’s hope they do, I would love us to be further along in that respect, but just going from the Brands comments he’s said they are going to review the squad this week.

Perhaps it’s just a meeting between Marco & Marcel - Hopefully it’s informing players their role/that they have no part in the future and need to look for a move.

The cake photo brings them neck and neck.

Glad that Lookman is being acknowledged.

We do need a centre-back but I'm not sure Lindelof is a bargain at 35m - how does your price inflate from a crap year in the PL ? Perhaps we could learn a thing or two from Utd there.

It's like us selling bolasie and Keane for 35m each, doesn't make sense. Someone should tell them Walsh no longer negotiates transfers and to give us the real price not the "Walsh" price

That’s an awful comparison

I don't believe it is?

Players move, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Does this mean that the RS take Southamptons cast offs

Don't care who the player plays for at the moment, if he can improve us and assist us in challenging the top 4 it's worth every penny

The lad looks a class player, and would be a good deal as he is young enough and good enough to be a part of the spine of the team

Would you fancy him and Stones together at the back for us, or is Stones a Man City cast off, or an ex Everton cast off

I don't believe it is?

Players move, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Does this mean that the RS take Southamptons cast offs

Don't care who the player plays for at the moment, if he can improve us and assist us in challenging the top 4 it's worth every penny

The lad looks a class player, and would be a good deal as he is young enough and good enough to be a part of the spine of the team

Would you fancy him and Stones together at the back for us, or is Stones a Man City cast off, or an ex Everton cast off

So you believe that a defender, who failed to successfully beat Phil Jones and Chris Smalling to a starting place in the Utd team and therefore sold, would be comparable to one of the worlds greatest centre forwards going for a world record fee

Ok mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back