Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s a cup game against like a lower league side at home then sure, still don’t think we’re anywhere near good enough to be putting out a shadow team and expecting to get through though.
Literally no club can do this but it's about how you want to use your resources imo. Do you want to be playing players 50+ games a year? I don't think that's the appropriate way to get the best performances in the league which is where our attention should be focused I think. Until we are in Europe year on year we won't progress as a club and more pointedly I think, and this will sound insane so try to bear with me, I'd give up any chance of cup success in the next 5 years to build that platform and consistency for the years down the road where we are able financially and culturally to compete at our best in every single game with some seasons reaching the 60-70+ games mark. I.E. I'd rather be Tottenham right now than Wigan, Swansea, Birmingham etc. Not a perfect analogy I know but just my nonsensical musings.

Lol, yeh

It's the one position they aren't great on but Low - being Low - prefers to stick with Hector because of his experience.

I have a sneaky feeling Germany could flop at this WC you know.

I mean, they'll still get to the semis probably, but I don't think they're on the same level as Brazil or even Spain, possibly.

Not taking Sane as a player who can change their system if needed is a mistake, imo.

I'm thinking the german left back will be able to chose whatever club he wants to go to..

I'm not pinning much hope on us getting him

surely man united will go after one of the best left backs in the world?

Transfer window for incomings closes before season starts.
Outgoings only and only to non English clubs allowed till end of August
Yes I know it ends earlier now. Like I said, I think it will all happen for us late July to early August. Hope I'm wrong on that and we get them settled with time to blend before the big ko. But, because of 'sell to buy', I see us getting them just before the season starts, meaning it'll take until September matches before they're integrated/settled.

Lol, yeh

It's the one position they aren't great on but Low - being Low - prefers to stick with Hector because of his experience.

I have a sneaky feeling Germany could flop at this WC you know.

I mean, they'll still get to the semis probably, but I don't think they're on the same level as Brazil or even Spain, possibly.

Not taking Sane as a player who can change their system if needed is a mistake, imo.

I think they'll win it tbh.

I think they'll win it tbh.

I was the same mate but have watched their last two friendlies and they've been shocking - they were very, very fortunate against Saudi Arabia.

Obviously, they were playing within themselves and will step it up, but I just have a nagging doubt that all of their - albeit talented - players are far too similar in terms of position and style.

Galloway looking to go out on loan again :-( he d last 2 years and did nothing with them so reckon might be time to let boat sail on him and sell :-( No point loaning him out for peanuts to championship so just sell him and get wages off books and get some money back on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back