Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both need binning off immediately. Sadly looks like Mirallas will be sent back to us, and no guarantees as to whether Besic goes permanently either. Four absolute no-hopers back on our books. That's before we even get to the likes of Williams, Martina, Jagielka, Schneiderlin, Stekelenberg, et al.

There is a story saying Standard Liege may want Mirallas, I bet we will have to pay the majority of his wages though

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...-unlikely-to-sign-everton-winger-permanently/

We seemingly can’t win on a transfer strategy though. The first summer we threw around all these Hollywood bids for the likes of Mata Koulibaly etc. and got pied off by all of them because we were like an urchin in Harrods. We then went for the buying of the best players from the teams below us route and that has proved disastrous. The most recent tactic seems to be to buy from CL clubs and looks to be working ok with Tosun and Walcott seemingly making more of an impact than any of our other signings. If over the next 12 months we move to getting the squad back to being a real top 6/7 with international players in their prime in each position we could then look to kick on and go for the marquee players after that. A team of players like Pickford Coleman Jones Mori Wilshere Siggurdson Walcott Tosun starts to look like a proper top 7 team rather than the dads and lads collection we’ve had recently. Whenever we look to make these types of signings they’re often derided as ‘united cast off, Arsenal cast off’. I’m becoming less and less convinced we are going to go from dross to boss in light speed so why not build up the quality of the squad sensibly and incrementally rather than the recent approach of ‘ah Koulibaly said no, get Williams in instead’.

You could make a very very good team from squad/cast offs from the top 6 sides.

The Key as always is ensuring you get the ones who have the desire still (which we seemed to not have with Schneiderlin)

Best player i have seen playing for us in the last 25 years was a United cast-off in Kanchelskis, Arteta was a Barca reject, Watson was deemed not good enough by the rs as an academy player. Lukaku was a Chelsea reject, across the park the rs have one as well, and De Bruyne isn't doing bad at City is he... United had to spend 90m quid to buy back another United reject... anothe Chelsea reject is tearing it up with Dortmund this season, a city one has been scoring 30+ goals per season for a few seasons now at Roma.

In the modern game with managers changing every season almost, more and more players go from key players to cast offs in a year due to that.

Look at Arsenal, basically, Wilshere, Ramsey, Welbeck could very easily all be off this summer as the club doesn't factor them as important enough to pay what they want to be squad players.
United, Shaw, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Blind, Jones, Smalling - most will likely be pushed out the door, could even see Rashford or Martial being sold to bring in money as Mourinho doesn't seem to rate either as good enough for what he wants.
Chelsea, Fabregas, Willian, Luiz - all at best squad players for the past two seasons, Batshuayi not rated and hawked around europe to get him shut.

Just last year spurs where apparently willing to listen to offers for Son, he'd have been a spurs cast off effectively, Wanyama currently looks like he isn't wanted or needed by them and will be let go for a decent price this summer.

A Lot of good players will either not make it at a top side or will be because of a change of manager just suddenly on the outside of the squad not featuring as much as they want.

Last summer people would have creamed their kecks over say a Herrera coming in, now they'd moan about a United reject

..I think we need real athleticism throughout the side and lots of the names being mentioned don’t seem that type to me. Power, place, agility, mobility, height, not to mention quality.

I don’t like mentioning individuals but you think if we got somebody like Phil Jones we will need to defend deep, he’s hardly rapid. It’s simply wrong to look at players without thinking about the team model they will fit. Indeed, the problem with Walsh is exactly this. He appears to buy individuals with no consideration of a team strategy and no thoughts about how players will compliment each other.

Can be answered why he does quite easily mate, because he isn't a dof or manager and has no idea how to build a team. he is a scout who should have been left in that role doing what others tell him to do who do understand the game

You could make a very very good team from squad/cast offs from the top 6 sides.

The Key as always is ensuring you get the ones who have the desire still (which we seemed to not have with Schneiderlin)

Best player i have seen playing for us in the last 25 years was a United cast-off in Kanchelskis, Arteta was a Barca reject, Watson was deemed not good enough by the rs as an academy player. Lukaku was a Chelsea reject, across the park the rs have one as well, and De Bruyne isn't doing bad at City is he... United had to spend 90m quid to buy back another United reject... anothe Chelsea reject is tearing it up with Dortmund this season, a city one has been scoring 30+ goals per season for a few seasons now at Roma.

In the modern game with managers changing every season almost, more and more players go from key players to cast offs in a year due to that.

Look at Arsenal, basically, Wilshere, Ramsey, Welbeck could very easily all be off this summer as the club doesn't factor them as important enough to pay what they want to be squad players.
United, Shaw, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Blind, Jones, Smalling - most will likely be pushed out the door, could even see Rashford or Martial being sold to bring in money as Mourinho doesn't seem to rate either as good enough for what he wants.
Chelsea, Fabregas, Willian, Luiz - all at best squad players for the past two seasons, Batshuayi not rated and hawked around europe to get him shut.

Just last year spurs where apparently willing to listen to offers for Son, he'd have been a spurs cast off effectively, Wanyama currently looks like he isn't wanted or needed by them and will be let go for a decent price this summer.

A Lot of good players will either not make it at a top side or will be because of a change of manager just suddenly on the outside of the squad not featuring as much as they want.

Last summer people would have creamed their kecks over say a Herrera coming in, now they'd moan about a United reject

..it’s a really good point about recruiting players who still have a hunger to succeed. Back in the day, I think it was Kendall who said “I’m not looking for £1m players, i’m looking for footballers who want to be £1m players”.

I do think, though, that you have to be careful with certain ‘rejects’. For example, a player who moves to Man City for major money and then sits on the bench for a couple of seasons can often lose that hunger for the game because they’re in a comfort zone. A proper DoF will know the players with the right attitude.

If we are talking United cast-offs, my list in order would be: Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Fellaini, Jones.

Jones would be number one if he wasn't a walking (hobbling) sick note. He's a great player IMO when he gets a run of games...which he rarely ever does. Shaw, Herrear and Blind are all likely to be gone and anyone would walk into our team if fit.

We can do without benefit claimants.lol

If the translation of the first half of the motto is ‘nothing is good enough’ then I would argue we have been Nil Satis for quite a while. It’s the nisi optimum bit we struggle with.
Lol could also be interpreted as you say as "nothing is good enough" or "nothing satisfies" or " nothing is satisfactory" emphasis unfortunately on the nothing , especially on here

If we where 'actually' willing to pay 50+m for Koulibaly
As we did pay something like 25m for Keane with one year left on his contract
IF we are willing to offer Wilshere 130k+ per week and a 8m signing fee.

Manolas is available for 30-35m on a buy out - he's had problems and isn't the most popular member of the squad so wouldn't exactly cause a massive upset to them if they did sell, he's prime age, one of the top cb's going, and has everything we lack in our cb's in pace, aggression, good in the air and can pass a ball more than 5 yards. and his contract we could double without breaking any wage structure we have.

For a club that can payb 45m for a player (sigurdsson), can pay 150k pw for others (Rooney), you could get a top class player for considerably less than both the fee and wages we have shown we can pay.

Does strike you that Everton have two lists though, one is players who we have zero chance of getting like Koulibaly etc (because they are on the list of the very very top teams financially), then the other is the ones we can get because no one better would want them, and everything in between is ignored.

Isn't Manolas a massive wanger?

Isn't Manolas a massive wanger?

had bust ups with a couple of team-mates i think, 100% him and Strootman had a punch up in training about his attitude or some such thing.

I'd hazzard a guess it'd not be a pleasant relationship with Tosun given the Greeks and Turks don't exactly get on too well...

More a case of this is the calibre of player we should be targeting and getting, we stick with the likes of Jones/Smalling etc then ultimately it'll catch up with you sooner or later - most teams that get caught in a downward spiral having been in the league a long time go down that route more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back