Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another CB. Not sure about Jones, though. There has got to be a quality centre back out there that would fit. C'mon Walsh. Earn your millions.

Yeah i do actually, he might not be fit to play every week but at least he has ability and is free, rather do that then pay a fee for a player that we dont see because there not good enough, Wilshere and Luke Shaw for me

Read yesterday that Arsenal have offered him a new contract but at lower wages and he isn't prepared to move from the £140,000 he is on a week. Big swerve for me on those wages for a crock.

Reactions: Tez
Apparently Wilshere has only been offered a pay as you play deal at Arsenal, so we should be all over that. Hopefully he doesn’t get crocked when we pay him the huge wages we’ll inevitably give him.

Also linked with Ozyakup from Besiktas today, I’d be happy with that as how can split a defence with a single pass, unlike every single other midfielder we have. Would also mean we get even bigger in Turkey which means more Turks on here which is simply hilarious.

Apparently Wilshere has only been offered a pay as you play deal at Arsenal, so we should be all over that. Hopefully he doesn’t get crocked when we pay him the huge wages we’ll inevitably give him.

Also linked with Ozyakup from Besiktas today, I’d be happy with that as how can split a defence with a single pass, unlike every single other midfielder we have. Would also mean we get even bigger in Turkey which means more Turks on here which is simply hilarious.

Nah mate, the reports are they are offering him 90k pw, with the rest made up in bonuses (the pay as you play part)

why do media keep relating us to manchester united and Arsenal rejects . WE dont want Phil jones or Wilshere . Where are our scouts :p[/QUOTE]
On holiday
Gumbys-present-architects-sketch.webp

Nah mate, the reports are they are offering him 90k pw, with the rest made up in bonuses (the pay as you play part)
Definitely misheard that bit on the radio then lol Bit harsh giving one of your best players this season a pay cut when you can be damn sure that donkey Xhaka is on more than that. I think we could probably get him now then

Definitely misheard that bit on the radio then lol Bit harsh giving one of your best players this season a pay cut when you can be damn sure that donkey Xhaka is on more than that. I think we could probably get him now then

The guy whose dealing with contracts now came over from Dortmund i think, as a club Dortmund never seem the type who give in to the players demands and just go and replace them with cheaper versions.

Ozil being an exception, but reckon that had more to do with the negativity that would have poured on them if they lost both Sanchez and him the same year.

Not gonna say never sign a 'reject' - just make sure the ones you do are ones that have the potential at least to be good enough for where you want to be as a club.

Jones screams out 'best of the rest' or 'prem experience' etc as a signing

i like Manolas a lot, thats the calibre we need, in reality what we need to be doing though is getting the likes of that player 'before' they made that move to Roma for example, but that requires a good scouting network and a good DoF etc.
We'd virtually signed Manolas before he even moved to Olympiakos never mind Roma, but it fell through at the last minute, either because he decided not to leave AEK mid-season or because he was concerned about not playing regular first team football, depending on who you believe.

World cup will be a nice scouting window for the world this summer . Saying this although reminds me of Sissoko's heroics in the Euros and Spurs out muscling us to the signature of "King of French Midfield" :dance:

We'd virtually signed Manolas before he even moved to Olympiakos never mind Roma, but it fell through at the last minute, either because he decided not to leave AEK mid-season or because he was concerned about not playing regular first team football, depending on who you believe.

Heard it was something to do with the way we wanted to structure payments mate, also heard about something to do with agents payments we where unhappy about paying...

Which wouldn't shock me

The guy whose dealing with contracts now came over from Dortmund i think, as a club Dortmund never seem the type who give in to the players demands and just go and replace them with cheaper versions.

Ozil being an exception, but reckon that had more to do with the negativity that would have poured on them if they lost both Sanchez and him the same year.
Problem is you can't give in to one player but play hardball with the rest. Thats just asking for trouble.

In todays market, a player of Wilshires age, abilty and experience must be worth £40m+ so I wouldnt baulk at getting him on a free and 140k pw wages.

We miss a player like him in our midfield.. Can carry the ball and pick a pass.

Injuries are the big question mark for me. Plus hes a total biff.

We need another CB. Not sure about Jones, though. There has got to be a quality centre back out there that would fit. C'mon Walsh. Earn your millions.

Maybe a bit young but De Leijt at Ajax looks the real deal, plus seeing what Sanchez cost Spurs we would be looking at 50m +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back