Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
World cup will be a nice scouting window for the world this summer . Saying this although reminds me of Sissoko's heroics in the Euros and Spurs out muscling us to the signature of "King of French Midfield" :dance:

Business done before hopefully, there is nothing wrong with not buying anyone in august/ deadline day, it just shows good planning and proactiveness, i think thats were we failed last summer.
WE brought in Klaassen, Keane & Pickford in early, then had a bit of a break and then went mad again in august for other players we possibly didnt need

Just look at the difference between De Ligt at Ajax and Michael Keane at Everton.
Sell Keane for say 15m and then buy De Ligt for 50m.
Net 35m on a young, well developed footballer who can defend, has pace, can tackle, can read the game from an attackers point of play and reads the intercept 5 yards before he does it, he can shoot, head the ball and score goals.
Just Do Ligt!

As for Wilshire, I'd rather have a Sigmoidoscopy.

Interesting if true, probs just Twitter jarg though:

Honestly, I like him. He's a CM we've not had for years since we moved Arteta there. But people have to change their conceptions of him. He's not a creative player, he won't score, but what he'll do is link midfield and attack. He's also not a crab and is always looking for a forward pass.

Even though he's played regularly the past two seasons he's still a big injury risk.

Would be a toss up between a premier league ready player or going abroad

Honestly, I like him. He's a CM we've not had for years since we moved Arteta there. But people have to change their conceptions of him. He's not a creative player, he won't score, but what he'll do is link midfield and attack. He's also not a crab and is always looking for a forward pass.

Even though he's played regularly the past two seasons he's still a big injury risk.

Would be a toss up between a premier league ready player or going abroad
He's a good player when fit, can carry the ball forward and rarely misplaces a pass. He draws in fouls and as you say links up the defence and attack. I just can't see him leaving Arsenal. He loves the club, he's been one of their best players the last few weeks and i'm pretty certain they'll come to an agreement.

Heard it was something to do with the way we wanted to structure payments mate, also heard about something to do with agents payments we where unhappy about paying...

Which
wouldn't shock me

Sounds like us doesn't it? Better to buy him a few years later for 35m

Remember when we nearly didn't sign arteta because of 500k ?

He's a good player when fit, can carry the ball forward and rarely misplaces a pass. He draws in fouls and as you say links up the defence and attack. I just can't see him leaving Arsenal. He loves the club, he's been one of their best players the last few weeks and i'm pretty certain they'll come to an agreement.

He's been playing for a contract and depending on who the manager will be next season, he could easily go back to being a bench warmer. He's easily replaced at Arsenal, that's why he's not getting what he wants.

If he wants to stay, that's fine. I don't think he's that good to bemoan not signing him and that'll be the same for a lot of clubs.

End of the day clubs are interested because he's a good player that's available and won't break the bank. If he was on a long contract, no club would be interested in him.

Just look at the difference between De Ligt at Ajax and Michael Keane at Everton.
Sell Keane for say 15m and then buy De Ligt for 50m.
Net 35m on a young, well developed footballer who can defend, has pace, can tackle, can read the game from an attackers point of play and reads the intercept 5 yards before he does it, he can shoot, head the ball and score goals.
Just Do Ligt!

As for Wilshire, I'd rather have a Sigmoidoscopy.
Except Barcelona are all over him...

I really hope it's Ki Dong Jun the north Korean bloke your on about and not that fella at Swansea.
:lol: I like him. He's neat and tidy, and has put in a few excellent performances at Goodison over the years he's been in England.

Don't get me wrong, my ideal would be someone like Jorginho, but it doesn't seem worth worrying about big transfers just yet.

Always thought whilshere was over hyped, and now i would probably say he is now under hyped due to the people thinking he is over hyped.
Its the who shouts loudest thing to be honest, when in reality he is somewere in the middle, he went through a really good spell of form around december time (highlighting probably the league cup semi finals as stand out performances).
He is probably also a player who is better around better players, arsenals style suits him, he see's lots of the ball and there is alot of close movement close to him, at bournemouth this was less so, plus the creative responsibility on him was extended.

As a side note i also had a little look at his appearences over the past 2 seasons and compared it to players he could be in contention with for an england starting place, just ecause the shout we hear most is " if he could sort his injuries out he would be a starter"
He has played more games in the last 2 seasons than Captain Hendo, Jake Livermore, Adam Lallana, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Jack Cork, Ruben Loftus Cheek, Nathaniel Chalobah, Lewis Cook & Harry Winks.
Only Eric Dier, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain & Dele Alli have had more game time in hte past 2 years than Whilshere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back