Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I like him. He's neat and tidy, and has put in a few excellent performances at Goodison over the years he's been in England.

Don't get me wrong, my ideal would be someone like Jorginho, but it doesn't seem worth worrying about big transfers just yet.
My main memory of him is him scoring the penalty for Sunderland after Osman failed to kick the ball back to Howard on Boxing Day 2013.

He's been playing for a contract and depending on who the manager will be next season, he could easily go back to being a bench warmer. He's easily replaced at Arsenal, that's why he's not getting what he wants.

If he wants to stay, that's fine. I don't think he's that good to bemoan not signing him and that'll be the same for a lot of clubs.

End of the day clubs are interested because he's a good player that's available and won't break the bank. If he was on a long contract, no club would be interested in him.

Exactly like barkley

Jamie Vardy
Luke Shaw
Phil Jones

Would be good signings for next year & improve the team...

Would like a left winger to replace Bolasie too...

I would have Wiltshire no problem but I doubt he will come here as he will have other offers that he probably sees as suiting his talents better. Also, as has been said he is a knob.

We need to you know actually scout players, I thought we had when we signed all the summer players but was concerned that nobody else seemed interested in these players and they have turned out rubbish to put it mildly. I think we were a bit naïve in being determined to "get players in early" and "win the transfer window" and are paying the price now as we will struggle to get shut of most of these players and have no chance of any actual profit on anyone, also the wedge they are on will prove a barrier.

Walcott has been sound but is known for in and out form so we shall see, Tosun also seems OK but only time will tell. I am more concerned with a lack of football strategy, we should have a system/style of play in place then buy the players accordingly, it also makes replacing players easier but there is no sign of any strategy going forward on or off the pitch.

Just look at the difference between De Ligt at Ajax and Michael Keane at Everton.
Sell Keane for say 15m and then buy De Ligt for 50m.
Net 35m on a young, well developed footballer who can defend, has pace, can tackle, can read the game from an attackers point of play and reads the intercept 5 yards before he does it, he can shoot, head the ball and score goals.
Just Do Ligt!

As for Wilshire, I'd rather have a Sigmoidoscopy.
Be honest , how many people looked up Signoidoscopy , I know I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back