Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have Gylfi.

Maddison - even though I do think I'd rather see Dowell given a go in that role as well - can slot easily into the left side of that three and provides real pace and drive, similar to how Barkley did in his first season.

Gylfi? Don’t make me laugh.

Pace and drive are not words that should be mentioned in regards to Dowell!...he has neither...he is to all intents and purposes an English Bilyaletdinov

I was referring to Maddison.

Dowell isn't slow, but he's not someone who can drive with the ball from deep, no.

Gylfi? Don’t make me laugh.

He's a good player.

He had a poor first half of the season in a crap side which he came into when he wasn't match fit and was shoehorned into different positions.

Once that sharpness came and the team started picking up a bit - and he was playing in a settled role - he was consistently good. His injury came at a time when he'd just been showing what he could do.

Still ended the season as the player who created our most chances as well.

I was referring to Maddison.

Dowell isn't slow, but he's not someone who can drive with the ball from deep, no.
Not somebody you associate with it as he doesnt often play deep.

Did you catch the Toulin final v Mexico?. Dowell played a lot deeper, especially 2nd half, and I was surprised by 2/3 strong runs he made with the ball. The Mexicans were definitely not slouches either.

Dowell is not rapid but his pace with the ball is deceptively quick, and he has the ability to glide past players. But I've only seen this in short bursts of 10/15 metres before the other day. One particular break was over half the pitch

Lies, where have you seen that?

IMG_20180614_094830.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back