Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed feelings about Gotze. Is he better than walcott? ... would he stop Lookman progressing?

Or is he exactly what we need, the right age at 26 and a player who needs a new start. Similar to when Pienarr joined.
Haha, a world cup winner and a player still trying to live up to his reputation, mmm difficult.

Haha, a world cup winner and a player still trying to live up to his reputation, mmm difficult.

His also trying to live up to his reputation. A world cup winner who wasn't wanted by Bayern or Dortmand and failed to get into the Germany provisional squad. I'm guessing you watch him weekly? or is it just because he won a world cup that you know his a better player because Statistically he isn't.

people debating whether gotze is good enough for everton hahahaha cant make this stuff up

he's absolutely class, world cup winner, perfect age. probably just needs a new challenge to get him going after his injuries

Truly astonishing. Probably the same people made up that we're signing a no mark from the Championship who's had one good season.

I think we will mate.

Same goes for Schneiderlin and probably a fair few others.

Seems the minds have been made up on Kev and Williams (good) and maybe Klaassen, which I do think is a shame.

Problem with Klaassen is he is a sub on big wages, who in 12 months has shown no indication that he is suitable to this league.
He came on against Southampton and instantly looked more goosed than the lads who had played the previous 80 minutes.

If there is money available somewhere for him, and we can get in Maddison or promote someone from the academy to be Gylfi's understudy, then that makes sense.

Truly astonishing. Probably the same people made up that we're signing a no mark from the Championship who's had one good season.

Have you watched Gotze play in the last, oh, four years?

Yes, he's a good player. And of course if we are after him - which I don't think we are - I'd be happy.

But he's not done anything of note at club level. He's struggled to cement his place at Bayern and Dortmund and still has a really serious injury issue hanging over his head.

He's very diminutive and not very quick. He tends to drop deep to get on the ball but his passing range isn't the best. The only team I think he'd suit in the Premier League currently is Liverpool, but they have a very similar player in Lallana.

Gotze and Maddison are completely different styles of player so it's comparing apples and oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back