Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched Gotze play in the last, oh, four years?

Yes, he's a good player. And of course if we are after him - which I don't think we are - I'd be happy.

But he's not done anything of note at club level. He's struggled to cement his place at Bayern and Dortmund and still has a really serious injury issue hanging over his head.

He's very diminutive and not very quick. He tends to drop deep to get on the ball but his passing range isn't the best. The only team I think he'd suit in the Premier League currently is Liverpool, but they have a very similar player in Lallana.

Gotze and Maddison are completely different styles of player so it's comparing apples and oranges.

Does he not have some really weird issue with his blood or something?

Gotze is far too small and light to make it in the prem to begin with, without even considering that he has Myopathy, which is a muscular disease which causes the fibres of muscles to not work properly

Would be a total waste of any money spent on him imo

his career is basically over at the level he was at, hes played like 50-60 games in 3 years, and has to be managed carefully to even get him on the pitch

Do we really want to go back down this route, have we not wasted enough money in the last 10 years on this type of risk

Vault me

Haha, a world cup winner and a player still trying to live up to his reputation, mmm difficult.
He suffers/ed from metabolic myopathy and that has been used to explain his decline in form over recent years. He'll never get through an Everton medical!

Gotze is far too small and light to make it in the prem to begin with, without even considering that he has Myopathy, which is a muscular disease which causes the fibres of muscles to not work properly

Would be a total waste of any money spent on him imo

his career is basically over at the level he was at, hes played like 50-60 games in 3 years, and has to be managed carefully to even get him on the pitch

Do we really want to go back down this route, have we not wasted enough money in the last 10 years on this type of risk

Vault me

Messi is smaller and had to be given growth hormones.

Next.

Lol at people scoffing at the idea of a 60+ capped, World Cup winning attacking midfielder with years left in him.
people debating whether gotze is good enough for everton hahahaha cant make this stuff up

he's absolutely class, world cup winner, perfect age. probably just needs a new challenge to get him going after his injuries

Gotze > Maddison
Gotze is whack. I'll drive him to Anfield myself.
Don't confuse the pre 2017 Gotze with the player you see today. He's suffered a rare and unusual muscular disorder and his form has not been the same since he came back. Dortmund have given him every opportunity to get his fitness and form back (which you would expect given that Gotze at his fully fit best is undoubtedly world class), but he was dropped towards the end of the season as his form was so poor. The national team have also had him in the squads since his return, but he hasn't even made a sub appearance for them and was nowhere near making their WC squad.

The fact that Dortmund are now willing to sell speaks volumes to me. Whether the club have any intentions of going for Maddison is completely irrelevant here. Taking on Mario Gotze is a massive risk that we can't afford, given the problems we already have in our current squad.

That's it! I've put up with Koeman, Fat Sam, Steve Walsh and Kenwright giving awards out to losers but have a go at my Wallpaper boy and you're DEAD!

IF I find you, you'll be gone quicker then Arteta money.

£26 A ROLL SON! A ROLL!

ILL GIVE YOU A GOOD PASTING

I really hope that's an accidental pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back