Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Carvalho last night it confirmed my opinion that he is solid , competent but largely unexceptional.
I'm not against recruiting him by any means, every good team needs functional players in key positions, but I would prefer a touch more flair.

Can't really get my head around why would need Carvalho, he's slower than Barry was when he left and in a position where we have a few options already. I think many Prem midfields would have the pace to run around him.

In his highlights you can see he has a great pass and is strong and skillful but in a game you can see that everyone has to do the running for him.

I don't see the comparisons to Toure, who used to charge around and carry the ball when he was younger.

His stance/fair reminded me of someone all game. I couldn't think who at the time. It's just come to me. Yaya Toure. Not comparing playing styles like however there was summat niggling me.
I saw that too. Not sure he is the same with the driving runs forward though.

Lol at all the Carvalho hate, tbh i am ebarrassed... faced one of the greatest midefields in the world in one of the mose exciting games in world cup history... finished with a 90% pass accuracy and completed more passes than anybody else in his team due to being an anchor that was always available ... wow just wow

Embarrassed. Why? Because people opine themselves? I think most people were concerned over his lack of pace n mobility and he doesn't play as the pivot either.

Embarrassed. Why? Because people opine themselves? I think most people were concerned over his lack of pace n mobility and he doesn't play as the pivot either.

Lol there is a difference between people voicing their opinion and an internet group in on a forum.... his mobility is not and has never been an issue and he has never been known for his pace... his ability to read the game and great positioning sense is how he counters rhat... football is not a game of who can run the fastest.... also last night he did play as the pivot....

Lol there is a difference between people voicing their opinion and an internet group in on a forum.... his mobility is not and has never been an issue and he has never been known for his pace... his ability to read the game and great positioning sense is how he counters rhat... football is not a game of who can run the fastest.... also last night he did play as the pivot....

No he didnt

How many attacks did he start for Portuguese? Look at Betancur for Uruguay yest for a better example of that role. William was a traditional DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back